WaterMarks Need to Stop

What can we do to stop seeing TikTok watermarks on Byte

3 Likes

Report it and team may take down!
@Phinto

1 Like

Is this in regards to other people posting their TikTok videos on their Byte profiles?

Or in regards to trying to post your own TikTok videos without the pesky TikTok watermark getting in the way?

1 Like

i think people started posting their Tik Tok videos on their profile!
@m3jcnv

1 Like

Oh, well in that case: maybe stop following those people if it’s an issue and go about your day. :man_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

I think this is absurd, this is what a closed-minded person would say. We should be a community that welcomes anyone and everyone without discriminating or harassing TikTokers. TikTok has great editing tools etc. (I don’t use but I did my research)

We shouldn’t ban/shadowban/takedown TT videos w/ the watermark since it doesn’t violate byte TOS (Term of Service) – https://byte.co/terms

Byte guidelines:
https://byte.co/guidelines

28 Likes

The logo is visually distracting. I don’t :heart: Tiktoks since they aren’t unique. Everyone and their grandma has multiple app and media accounts. You end up seeing the same stuff again and again.

4 Likes

I find them annoying but I don’t think we should ban people or report them. I just wish they would crop them out. But, it is what it is. As we get more of our own users we will see less of it. People are doing it now because it’s an easy transition and they are testing the platform to see if they like it enough.

7 Likes

I’ve found a hack to edit in tiktok (because let’s face it they have awesome effects and better editing tools) and not get the watermark.

All you do is create the video and when you get to the caption choosing part, click the thumbnail picture where it says “choose cover”. Then screen record. The video will play without the watermark. Trim the video to edit out the screen recording and ta-da!

7 Likes

Excellent!

I admit, I never even downloaded TikTok until I was already on byte. I just didn’t find it appealing. I wanted to compare though so I uploaded longer versions of my visuals. I think maybe I am lucky and I have become so dependent on other editing apps that dont have to deal with it.

2 Likes

I think the TikTok logo or any logo in your byte is just distracting from the content and should not be there. How ever I am not gonna say not to post videos You have made on TikTok because in this era everyone makes content for multiple platforms. But having a water mark or logo of any kind in the content is just distracting.

2 Likes

Well most of the watermarks are either on the bottom or the top in a small area I mean it can be a tad distracting but I dont think it bothers the content that much

1 Like

True for static and watermarks that are still. But TikTok watermarks move around and are too flashy and definitely the most distracting out of most watermarks though.

1 Like

True they do move around quite a bit at first glance but I dont see them as overly distracting for most content is it a bit annoying yea but it’s not a big deal

You’re right for most it is not a big deal. However, though it is a standard to be a part of or applying for the Byte Partnership program that you have a 9:16 aspect ratio byte with nothing distracting such as letterboxes and watermarks I am assuming as well.

2 Likes

But what if an here me out there not here for the potential money an want everyone to have a good time lol

5 Likes

As an open minded person I do not want these people banned but rather to find a way that the watermarks can be eliminated or hidden. I know for this app to grow we need people from TikTok but I just don’t want this to be an app full of TikTok videos I think it defeats the purpose of the app.

3 Likes

true true but you just don’t want people to leave the app which is what were trying to prevent. I mean I personally don’t think watermarks are that bad but 5/10 people might and well in the trough of sorrow you really wanna do your best to make everyone happy. Which is thinking of a win/win compromise situation which I think they can easily do.

1 Like

Im sure they must be some kind of compromise that is a win win for everyone and they will be.

Well I’m not saying dont post tiktok content on byte it’s your content do whatever you like really but why not make some content on byte an do some tiktok content as well on byte