Warning Option For Stunts/Violence etc

Thrill-seeking content creators may be interested in posting stunts, some of which may be dangerous, and shouldn’t be re-enacted by those without professional support. I’d suggest having a warning option which could be manually enabled by the user themselves.

Here are a few examples that the team can use (feel free to add more in the replies):

• ‘WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME’

• ‘WARNING: THE CONTENT BELOW CONTAINS GORE AND VIOLENCE’

• ‘WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION’

• ‘WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SENSITIVE MATERIAL WHICH MAY CAUSE DISTRESS TO SOME VIEWERS’

• ‘WARNING: THIS BYTE CONTAINS SCENES OF SEXUAL NATURE’

• ‘WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CONTAINS DANGEROUS STUNTS’

These could either take up the entire page as a forewarning, be added at the top of the byte, or could be included at the bottom of the page near the description. I’ve included a few last-minute prototypes below (which are have been cooked up with very little effort, as I want the team to visualise for themselves).

Concept 1 (FULL PAGE):

If the user clicks ‘no’, the app automatically swipes to the next byte. I recommend this one the most for many reasons.

Concept 2 (TOP OF PAGE):

Concept 3 (BOTTOM OF PAGE):

More are welcome! Please add any recommendations regarding stunt warnings for the byte team!

18 Likes

May be important for dangerous viral challenges. Interesting idea!

5 Likes

definitely!

3 Likes

I think something like this could be cool, the way twitter does it is just blocking the whole thing, but instagram blurs it (think for videos that blurring might be a good idea). Having warnings would actually be really beneficial, especially for if users want a warning before edgier jokes etc.

10 Likes

That’s a great idea to consider. I know I might want that cringe warning on some of my old bytes :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

i hadn’t thought of blurring, fantastic idea!

3 Likes

same :sob:

2 Likes

Twitter / Insta has something similar but I believe there should be something like this on Byte.

2 Likes

Today, I saw a lot of adult content and I reported immediately - I fear what kids see on here :rage:

2 Likes

I’m all for some blurring or age gating.

If you are an adult, what you watch is all up to you and more power to you.

But I’m part of the generation that didn’t know any better and just opened whatever attachments our friends would send us.

I have seen horrors.

Kids don’t need to see that stuff. At the very least, not accidentally.

3 Likes

good idea!

i remember these things being a thing on :vine:

3 Likes