Visual removed from animation to general

I didn’t know if this belonged here but I have always added my visuals to animation… because they are animated. I have been told often this is the best place for them. Has the criteria changed?

5 Likes

I agree that the animation channel is a good fit for your byte style! I’d think that the soothing and VFX channels would work just as well though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heartbeat:

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will let the mod team know!

3 Likes

Thank you! :vulcan_salute:t3::yellow_heart:

1 Like

I posted tiny dancing cowboy outtakes to my alt-acct last night under the dancing channel and it got moved to /general as well. Booooo!

4 Likes

4 Likes

This is a great example of what I am talking about.

Your byte easily qualifies as animation and soothing.

It should be in both channels and if we went with a curator type model over the current mod system, the channel curator could add it to their channel.

Instead, you get smacked down by the mods and thrown into the general :wastebasket:

:-1::-1:

2 Likes

Thank you to the mods that re-categorized to animation. I appreciate you! :heartbeat::heavy_heart_exclamation::vulcan_salute:t3:

3 Likes

This is an actual problem that I am seeing… Im hoping that stuff stops getting mistakenly recategorized to /general all the time. Going back to your other point, I dont think it would be a good idea to be able to post to 2 categories at the same time… People will just post to the most popular ones I think lol

p.s. forums mods are not in app mods …

2 Likes

That’s just it. While I would like to be able to post my stuff in multiple channels since it tends to cross into multiple channels, I get why it can’t. Abuse, etc.

But if we can have stuff cross posted by admins into the spotlight channel, why not give channel curators (I hate the current moderator vibe) the same ability to add things to only their channel?

The linked post is an animation, but I think it easily qualifies as a /funny or even /dance.