Vine got cancelled 3 years ago today

Three years ago today Vine was shut down. A sad day for those of us who made so many friends and good connections through that app.

Two years ago I signed up for this forum because I was so excited for the possibility that Vine could be resurrected in a new form with a new name. It’s been a long wait, but I couldn’t be more thrilled to be part of this community and part of this app for the past two years. Dom and his team have done an amazing job fostering and growing this community, and creating an app that gives me all the same vibes that Vine did (especially the early days).

January 24 is the day Vine was officially launched in 2013. Who knows, maybe that will be the same day Byte will rise from its ashes like the Phoenix. :crossed_fingers:t2:

giphy-1

37 Likes

Happy cake day dude! When I saw vine was shutting down, I was like really confused and kinda sad because every single day I would open up the app all the time. It was at one point in time my favorite social media app. Nothing will ever feel the same as Vine, and while Byte is definitely feeling like home, nothing will ever replace the memories we had.

<3

15 Likes

Byte dropping on the 24th WOULD BE SOOOOO POETIC/PERFECT!!!
And if it’s not, I hope Dom tells us ASAP so I can start sleeping well again.

14 Likes

:vine: is finally leaving its emo phase. Got a little tired of people doing it for them, but its back named byte :sunglasses: :ok_hand:
Screenshot_20200117-125325_One UI Home

8 Likes

Thanks! Vine was unique, that’s for sure. I hope Byte can catch some of that magic nearly 7 years after Vine appeared.

7 Likes

It would be pretty awesome if it launched on that date, but whenever it launches will be just fine by me. Hopefully soon! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Rest in peace Vine :cry:
Thanks for all of the good memories and everything good that came from you. Here’s to v2 :wink:

7 Likes

i miss vine

10 Likes

crazy to think it’s been so long right now. i remember it just like it was yesterday, scrambling around on the site trying to find my friend’s old ones to download. i miss vine as well. v2 is hopefully going to be wonderful and natural, and bring back what we lost from vine. :vine:

7 Likes

i miss the good old days when vine was around. take me back

5 Likes

Same, my hair was not as silver then as it is now! :grinning:

8 Likes

Mocking spongebob has left the crusty crab

enters boating school

4 Likes