Videos not showing up in my following

So, I’ve noticed recently that half of bytes from people I’m following aren’t actually showing up in my following tab.
Luckily, I tend to trawl through a popular now, new and trending, and a couple of categories daily as well, but it’s a bit of a bummer that I’m not seeing everything from creators I enjoy.

(iOS 13.4.1, byte version 0.2.7)

10 Likes

can you give an example of a byte that isn’t showing up in your following feed but should be?

3 Likes

So, dannis_singh’s second to last video didn’t, but the one before and after that did.
Kevinsaxby’s annoying movie parent video isn’t showing up either.
Bummercats “special eggs” morning routine byte I only spotted because it was also in that category.
Senorpequenos 4/20 video didn’t show up.

Sometimes it intermittent too? Like senorpequenos’ video about Beethoven didn’t show up when I first looked, then I went out and back into the tab and it was there between two videos I’d already viewed and interacted with.

Like, if I go to their profiles I see them, but they’re not under following tab. It seems to be completely random.

7 Likes

@dom I have trouble seeing particular byters. Mostly @_Orange and @Dollpower but as soon as I go to categories I find them. It could just be that everyone is uploading at the same time and there are just too many stacked and I don’t scroll long enough, but it seems to be persistent. I’m sure there are others I’m not seeing but these are the standouts because I look for their content daily.

I am begging for notifications! :pray:t3:

5 Likes

sorry, should have been more clear. we need specific links to bytes or can’t debug this

4 Likes

AH! Sorry.

Are a few.

3 Likes

I would also love notifications for when someone posts.

Interesting I don’t show up on your feed. And thanks for noticing. I do sometimes feel like my following feed is a little empty when I’m on it. As if not many people are posting. If some people aren’t showing up when they should be, that would explain why. I have no evidence this happens though.

14 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t even know how to provide a link because it’s not really specific video, but profiles.

2 Likes

i think its a good time to ask if notification bell will be added in program?!

1 Like

It could be more of an issue on my end tho Amanda. Sometimes I don’t know which channel to post in so sometimes I don’t use any. I don’t want to clog up the wierd feed or the art feed. And the animation chanel is a lot of anime so I don’t feel like I fit in there :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

See, this is why we need a film category! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t necessarily think that I would post in a film category :laughing: I’m not good at the channels

3 Likes

Yeah, you literally never show up on my feed. I’ll only see your videos when you rebyte and I click on your profile

4 Likes

Shells cannot be categorize. Got it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:t3::heavy_heart_exclamation:

What? That’s crazy! :confused:

2 Likes

hi I just realised I too have encountered this issue. this morning I was going through all the new posts from people I follow and managed to scroll all the way back to some of yesterday’s posts. however I didn’t once notice my friend @rommie 's post, here’s the Byte

3 Likes

Hmm… I might have a problem with this as well… but I’m not sure yet

1 Like

I know there was an update a while ago which made it so that not all of your rebytes appeared to your followers. Only some did. This was done to fight engagement groups.

But I wonder if that’s what’s causing this glitch.

2 Likes

Hey it thot I was the only one?

1 Like

Okay so here are 2 posts that didn’t show up and @neefy and I were talking, and I causally told him I always have to search for him or find him in a category to see his bytes because he never shows up in my feed. I thot it was a normal thing? I didn’t think anything Of it. But now I’m seeing this thread. Anyways, here ar the videos Video 1
Video 2

5 Likes