Video length 60 sec!

I’m sure a lot of you know that a lot of the new engagement is because of people leaving tiktok. These new people are use to having 60 sec length videos. So, if we don’t wanna lose them it might be a good idea to implement this. Also, I brought a lot of people over to byte using my platform on tiktok so I hope that helps.

13 Likes

what do they use the full minute for, tho

8 Likes

I’m cool with the implementation of an awful lot of tiktok features, but I think 16 seconds is good as far as time goes.

17 Likes

Or we could do around 45 seconds, make it UNIQUE

3 Likes

No thx

17 Likes

Doesn’t really matter what they use it for, they’re just use to it so we should give them that. Gen Z are picky people so if they find out we don’t have it they’re just gonna leave.

I think this is a good idea it would give us all a chance to express ourselves further. Giving creators this would could result in content could getting more creative. I’m for the 60secs :raised_hands:t6:

4 Likes

Or they could adapt, if the rest of the app is strong enough to justify it. If they want longer videos there is always Instagram (now that they have Reels)

8 Likes

Sure, then they’ll all just leave again like in January then byte we’ll be right back where it was.

1 Like

I feel like the way forward is by finding something which is unique. If you do to the same time length as other short video platforms, you don’t really have anything else, and whilst losing US TikTok would definitely impact it, the rest of the world isn’t really going to leave- they’ll likely keep the app and then just also download whatever other app their favourite creator moves to.
If byte copies EVERYTHING about tik Tok, there’s not really an incentive/reason for those who will still have access to tiktok to actively create/post on byte, even if they create an account to see their faves content.

8 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, but there’s seriously nothing wrong with byte copying tiktok at this point. We can’t focus on uniqueness if all that’s gonna do is drive away people coming from tiktok. Y’all need to understand that they love what tiktok has and if they don’t see that from byte, they’ll just leave. Also, if y’all are worried about uniqueness don’t be because byte has plenty of other unique qualities.

FYI, there is a poll…vote vote vote! Regarding what features they should work on next and duration is on the list

8 Likes

There’s a whole host of features I’m down with bringing over from tik Tok- sounds, filters, things like that. I’d even be okay with increasing the video length to 30 seconds. But I don’t think 60 seconds is the way forward. I have seen several folks already said they actually enjoy byte over tiktok after giving it a try, and something they’ve consistently mentioned- is the differing time.
One of the things a lot of people who use byte love is the brevity of videos, and whilst new people is excellent, if tiktok doesn’t end up banned- byte is going to need their own unique aspects to avoid losing both old and new.
And, if you look at the survey response- video length isn’t even top five for in terms of features folks are interested in. It’s fifteenth, in terms of what people are interested in.

3 Likes

nope, 16 seconds is the best maximum amount

5 Likes

this app is mainly for the vine lovers…not tiktok

2 Likes

idk how i feel about a minute in length… byte beats have been composed to fit the 16 sec length of a byte and adding more time to that might f up the beats… idk

6 Likes

We can still loop tho. It’ll just be 64 seconds long. Let’s gooo

1 Like

Big Fax Dawg! This idea :fire: ppl just don’t get that this is a new era and times changed man, ppl need more freedom with their content , really short videos don’t hit like they used to fr and it’s not like ppl gotta make their videos a minute if they don’t want to but others would appreciate that feature fr fr :fire: GOOD IDEA

2 Likes

yikes, no way :sweat_smile:

also i was replying to this:

Most people don’t have the attention span for minute content, which most of the time…isn’t terribly good. Minute long content on TikTok is a goddamned drag tbh. Anything over 20-30, and I have an itchy scrolling thumb.

5 Likes