Video editing

I know tiktoks editing kinda encourages just a bunch of copying but some basic editing on byte would be really cool I think. Things like being able to do voiceovers or even music would be nice

21 Likes

Some basic audio mixing would be nice as well, mainly levels. Since so many of us record on the spot with our phones, it’s hard to ensure a consistent volume on the level of super-produced Bytes.

13 Likes

Unfortunately, I feel like music or voiceovers would end up in the same unoriginal bland videos on TikTok.

10 Likes

Use other video editing softwares! If byte adds feature’s like that, it could limit the possibilities. Using an editing software gives you full control of how the video turns out.

11 Likes

True but I think it would still be good as an option for beginner or people who don’t want to heavily edit something.

3 Likes

It would also be good to write on a video so that we can make better jokes that need that sort of thing!

6 Likes

I use Final Cut Pro X :metal:

4 Likes

yeah i suppose that is an option but it would be better to be able to do it in the app to avoid further complication, ya know?

4 Likes

As long as we create a system that doesn’t promote being lazy. It can’t be like Tik Tok. I would be cool with filters and some simple stuff but If we do too much it will become a crutch.

4 Likes

I’m just asking for the ability to trim clips to a certain size and freely re-order them. The ability to ad text would be nice too

10 Likes

agreed

5 Likes

I like how no nonsense the app is though. Any further editing capabilities will leave the posting process feeling bloated from a UI perspective. It’s fine as it is IMO especially considering there’s like a thousand different video editing apps for phones and tablets already

3 Likes

don’t forget about

though. improving byte’s editing tools would be good.

2 Likes

Hey, I used to be an avid viner. This may sound crazy but we had 6.5 seconds on the old vine, and while .5 seconds may not seem like a lot, you’d actually be surprised by how important that last half a second is. Punchlines and perfectly timed shots were squeeezed in at the very end. Any chance we can adopt the 6.5 duration as well? Trying to make vids in 6.0 seconds is throwing me off, believe it or not. Just food for thought

6 Likes

love the idea of voice over and basic editing features like trimming/cutting. i think it makes for an easier in-app content creating experience.

5 Likes

videos are super unique and each video does not feel the same.

3 Likes

I think that would make it too similar to tiktok. Just using voice I think like vine would be good

2 Likes

I honestly like not having basic video editing on the app itself because it forces me to be more creative. I’ve got full Final Cut and After Effects, but 1) it’s extra work, and 2) my raw, off the cuff videos end up being more fun.

HOWEVER - there are times I would kill to be able to upload a simple voiceover onto my phone.

6 Likes

I remember there also being a button on Vine where it would take the audio from a Vine you’re watching and you could make your own Vine with that audio, if that makes sense? I would love to see that return as well.

1 Like

Byte videos actually are 6.5 seconds, the .5 second is used to blend the end to the beginning of the video to create a smooth loop. It worked the same way on Vine.

5 Likes