Video Editing software suggestions

I really want to put more time into making bytes cool with music, sound, and special effects. Can anyone suggest any potential desktop or phone applications they use to edit their bytes? include any free or paid apps

6 Likes

I use Final Cut Pro X, but this thread has quite a few other recommendations:

6 Likes

I use Vegas Pro to edit my bytes and all of my YouTube videos. It is paid, but it’s worth it.

6 Likes

If you really want to get into complex effects and transitions look into Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, and Blender. If you want a good solid free editing software I hear Davinci Resolve is really good.

5 Likes

I remember using After Effects for TikTok edits, the trial version had a limit of 500 frames for the export, which is more than enough. Loads of great tutorials on After Effects too :blep:

2 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

@JustinAmaziing definitely go with DaVinci Resolve :slight_smile:

It’s free and amazingly full featured. Nice comparison video on youtube

I posted my first 3 bytes today - Since they are based on longer videos I had to cut down on time and it was a breeze :wink:

4 Likes

I use Adobe Premiere/After Effects if i’m feeling spicy but since I edit most on my phone (it’s just easier), I use Adobe Rush.

3 Likes

Hey I’m on Adobe Premiere, but if you don’t wanna fork out, the YouTuber community usually recommends DaVinci Resolve, which is apparently mindblowingly free for what it does.

3 Likes

Welcome🤪

1 Like

:face_with_monocle: Me reading through the comments. I’m liking all these suggestions!

3 Likes

For basic edits, use Premiere Rush. I think it’s mobile and pc compatible. You do have to pay for more than 3 exports but just use false addresses on new accounts to have unlimited.

2 Likes

I just downloaded “InShot” for my tablet so I can crop / edit gopro videos without needing to use my computer at all. It works quicker than I’d expect of this sort of app and has a really comfy UI. It’s free to use and the pro version is like 4 bucks

2 Likes

I personally like hitfilm. It’s free, intuitive, and gets the job done well. Also has a lot of options for editing and such. But I hope you find what you’re looking for!

2 Likes

Videoleap has been by far the best app I’ve used to edit videos and its free!

2 Likes

How are you liking inshot?

I use Joyoshare Media Cutter. It is easy to use for beginner.

1 Like