VidCon 2018 Is Almost Here! Thoughts?

VidCon is already less than 2 months away now!!! :scream: :tada: How many of you guys are planning on attending, and how many of you are passing due to the negative buzz surrounding it recently?? :thinking: I’m genuinely interested to hear everybody’s opinions, as it’s personally my first year attending! Tell me what your thoughts are! If you’re choosing to not go, I’d honestly love to hear your personal reasons as to why and what you think would make it better!

(Regardless of all the negative stories and gossip surrounding it lately, I’m personally just super stoked to be surrounded by people who just love making content and immersing themselves in this industry! As long as the community itself shows up, I don’t think I’lll have much else to complain about! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

9 Likes

i’ve never gone, but I think it’d be really cool! Hope you have fun!!! !!! !!! (more exclamation points)

5 Likes

I’m just excited for the VidCon cringe compilation. :joy: Nah, it looks like a very fun event. I wish I could go, but I can’t. :frowning:

4 Likes

Yeahhh, I didn’t realize my actual excitement level until I backread and saw the amount of exclamation points I naturally used… Yikes, I guess the hype is real! <—

1 Like

I’ll definitely still be keeping my eye out for the cringe compilations regardless :joy: and there will always be more events!

2 Likes

I’ll go once they have a V2 booth. :joy:

4 Likes

I think it’s a bit crass to disregard the negative stories surrounding Vidcon. Although, I do admit some people are just salty since their content just isn’t relevant anymore. But the treatment of Vidcon toward creators is something of which to take note.

4 Likes

Definitely not disregarding stories and issues surrounding VidCon, simply carrying a healthy conversation about it! Absolutely agree!

2 Likes

This also being said. I have never been to Vidcon so I am not sure what exactly the whole venue looks like. I am sure it is a really good way to meet like-minded creators.

2 Likes

i’m so uncultured, what is vidcon about? it is a convention but about what?

2 Likes

I’m going and I’m super stoked !!

3 Likes

I WISH I CoULD GO

2 Likes

If I had to summarize the basics of it- It’s a yearly convention for video content creators and viewers. It includes info and people involved with lots of video platforms, but it usually focuses around YouTube. Lots of workshops for creators to learn about the business, and also cool place for viewers to meet some of their favorite creators!

1 Like

Absolutely, I think the networking aspect is the most beneficial part from the sound of it! Especially meeting people you may know only through the internet and getting to meet/collab with some of them face to face

1 Like

My thoughts? I’d love a cookie right now

2 Likes

I’m so far away… prolly will be a guest for vidcon 2020

2 Likes

i nearly went in 2012 but had to sell my ticket because i chose to take summer classes so i could accelerate my graduation. kind regret it, kinda don’t bc i finished my first degree at a young age.

i can’t go this year either for the same reason (lol) and i have to prepare for the mcat and lsat, so i guess maybe next year? i’m a tad disappointed but the line up doesn’t interest me as much as it did a couple of years ago.

3 Likes

makes sense- what you’re doing sounds wayyyyy more important!! :tada:

thank you! :relaxed:

2 Likes

I was actually thinking about vidcon and I might go :thinking: tell me if I should go :thinking: ?

1 Like