Victor Pope?

I’m a big fan of his from his Vine days, still watch some old stuff on YouTube. But why is he a Byte Partner?

According his page, he posted once back in January, looks like as Byte launched. Idk, I’d much rather @TomWho or @Snackteam, or whomever, get that spot. Truth be told, anyone who posts consistently to Byte or reps this app hard.

Again, love that dude, but why is he a partner for this app with one post?

26 Likes

Bumpity Bump :notes:

3 Likes

There are people that they’ve invited themselves.

5 Likes

Haha I just think some clarification is in order right? If Byte wants to just add some firepower and familiarity to their roster, I’m all for it. But it does seem out of place for someone who doesn’t post here

6 Likes

Maybe he’s going to give us more content as time goes on. He might be one of the reasons new people might join the app

2 Likes

Word, and that makes sense. I would be THRILLED to see Pope start up posting here, but it’s been a couple days since the program started, where he at?

1 Like

I mean you’re not wrong for pointing this out…would’ve been great to see a more consistent creator take his spot in the program :eyes:

3 Likes

About 1/4th to 1/3rd of the partners are people who haven’t been consistently active or part of the byte community, but instead have large platforms/showcase their work outside of byte. I assume it’s an invitation process to attract new people and communities to the byte app. Nothing wrong with that, although it’d be cool to hear from byte staff about their perspective so the community doesn’t have the wrong expectations and assumptions about what they’re looking for.

To take an excerpt from one of the partnership forum posts, there’s definitely people invited who break each of the specifics laid out. And that’s alright, just means that these requirements are loose.

Also good to keep in mind that the majority of partners are people extremely active on byte, and many great people have been given an opportunity thanks to this program. I’m glad this discussion was brought up, thanks :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Seems legit! Great references too, I think including the “what we’re looking for” is key. To your point, I think guys like Zach King and Chris are great examples that fit this description. They have some HUGE followings, millions in some cases. Zach King posting here is too dope. But they are active, at least, to some degree and I think deserve a spot. I hate using a single person an example, but I would like to see those folks selected based on their history more active that 1 post.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure, since he is now a signed partner, he is going to be posting more frequently.

Though I totally get the confusion or why it seems weird.

3 Likes

Don’t delete it yet. Wait for official response

2 Likes

Haha I won’t! I’m sure we’ll get some thoughts and clarification soon, at which point I’ll just mark a solution :smile:

4 Likes

judging you alot rn i would also like to know xd

1 Like

Sure we’ll find out :clap:t3:

I was a fan of his but that kinda confused me as well, if he posts more I’d be a bit happier with the decision but I’m putting trust in the staff regardless

4 Likes

No lie, when I saw Victor Pope…I low key wanted to voice that out. I love VP especially on Vine and all that but he could’ve made more than 1 video in January. It’s only 6 secs of ANYTHING (so it’s not like anyone can make a case for him) I was just gonna say nothing though​:man_shrugging:t5::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Bumping again.

Honestly I’m curious myself as to why he was chosen for the Partner Program. All the other people I’m seeing who got into the Partner Program absolutely deserved it, even the creators that had smaller audiences, like @slimjimstudios, who has some really eye-appealing animations that you guys should check out if you haven’t already.
But then there’s Victor Pope who released one video…on the app’s release day…and never posted another video on that page, which leaves me to assume that he probably did what a bunch of other celebrities did: stuck around for the hype and then never posted another video afterwards.
Of course, I could be wrong. He might be more active on the app and we just don’t see it. And I’m definitely not saying that the byte team made a bad choice. I’m just curious about what their plan was for him, and like @maukamauka said, it would be great to hear from the devs so the community doesn’t wrongly assume any expectations about what they’re looking for when choosing people. :blush:

3 Likes

he’s probably just thinking of something really funny… :rofl:

2 Likes

From my end, Partners are required to post once a week.

I think what happened with the invited partners was that if they already had an established web presence, it wouldn’t make sense on their end to make content unless they were going to be compensated for it, where as the non-invited partners would be incentivised for multiple reasons to do so.

5 Likes

In that case, I think we should wait a week and see what happens with him. If a week or so goes by and he hasn’t posted anything, then we can raise the question again unless the devs give us an answer beforehand and/or he actually does post.

6 Likes