Verification, the ugly truth

So dom, I’m not quite sure if you are aware or anyone is, but verification is actually a business on instagram. I literally can pay someone, ( it’s quite costly might I add… ) to verify any profile I choose. So how will this be stopped in the “new app” ?

1 Like

On Instagram can’t you pay for a verification, but they can still remove it. Don’t you also need a manager.

1 Like

**this verification service is very very sketchy and against he instagram TOS, but yes it still does happen

I believe verification is just meant to stop impersonation, like accounts acting like the actual creator. I don’t think it’ll be a “business”.

2 Likes

oops didnt mean to reply to jenn

its fine 12 char

Yeah, that’s against the terms and service agreement to buy verification system. You are allowed to verification badges for like 1,000+ but its wrong

I think this comment from Dom kind of ties into this new form of “verification” that he’s looking into.

1 Like

We are talking about conditions of verification lol and how to stop illegal verification

1 Like

On the contrary, I believe a verified badge ranks you higher in the search engine. For instance if I am a dog foods sales person, could I not badge myself and rank higher then competing dogs food companies? ( dog food is a weird one, but I hope you can see where I’m coming from )

@vlad hi 12 characters

someone who has the verification badge is obviously going to be clicked on more than someone who doesn’t.

1 Like

Agreed Jen! And no, you don’t need a manager. That is quite the paycheck, but that’s what makes Instagram such a great tool for earning money!

Yeah it sold for quite a bit even though it how a low amt of followers crazy. alot of people wanted it, someone asked for it for $150 and got made fun of. its so expensive

1 Like

lend me a checkmark my boy

ogu is soooo expensive

1 Like

I believe a lot of people, myself included would enjoy having some sort of verification badge. If only to feel special and have the security. Even though, I’ve witnessed a lot of people ignoring the badge and falling for fake accounts.

A verification badge won’t just be handed out because you want to feel special.