Valentines day trend

Hey Dom and the Team members of byte ,

How would you feel about making a category strictly dedicated to some holidays. Like for example, Valentine’s Day where people go around and show affection to one other on camera. I was thinking of starting a trend all by myself called “Kiss Cam”. Where you can kiss whoever you want being your parents, siblings, girlfriend/boyfriend, pets, etc… as long as you’re showing love.

A lot of people were telling me to get back to you guys because they see a lot of potential in this idea. Please get back to me if you think this idea holds potential as well.

20 Likes

This sounds like a really cool idea to implement!! I would love to see trends like this or something similar to support creative ideas :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is a fie ass idea, Dom you should definitely add it and possibly use this as a PR move to increase the awareness of the app

5 Likes

I agree @dom make this happen please :pray:t5::blue_heart:

6 Likes

Seasonal categories sounds pretty cool

5 Likes

Love the idea @Hundo_Grand! I hope they implement this category!

5 Likes

I think this is what hashtags would be for tbh, because if it’s truly trending, then there’ll be lots of posts using a particular hashtag. Then you could see top hashtags, which is indicative of what’s truly trending on Byte.

5 Likes

there’s the right answer in my eyes , if hashtags are already going to be added , why double up for something when if the subject is truly “popular” enough it’ll have enough tags and the top ones will obviously have the most engagement

5 Likes

We need this ASAP

4 Likes

This sounds awesome :smiley:

3 Likes

cc. @dom :thinking:

2 Likes

Smash cam HAHAHAHAH

1 Like

Good idea!

2 Likes

sooo did u start the kiss cam trend… :eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

nice was just talking to someone else about this and think having temp channels for
holidays, trends, memes, national days, etc. would be awesome!

1 Like

Is it Valentine’s Day yet?

2 Likes

We should just do this kiss cam thing and make it a thing and maybe the team will know that the holiday stuff is wanted.

2 Likes

Ppl have started seasonal trends a few days before the holiday, I don’t see why we can’t start it 48 hrs early :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes