V2 Time duration option

Since V2 is a completely different app from vine… I believe the main reason why people left Vine is of the fact of the time duration. I would PERSONALLY love to have a feature that allows users to have a choice between 6 seconds vines, 15-second vines, 30-second vines, etc. Is this too much? Or is 6 seconds the purpose of V2? What do yall think?

2 Likes

Hey here is a topic discussing this already :slight_smile:

And here

2 Likes

I believe 6 seconds would be the staple for the duration. Other social media platforms allow more extended duration.

2 Likes

No, I totally agree with you, but I honestly think that 6 seconds is like THE trademark of Vine! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

that’s what i thought also! But that’s also why a lot of people left, unfortunately.

oh I didn’t see that thanks!

No problem! :+1:t3:

i think 6 seconds is fine, musical.ly is a few seconds longer and there is youtube for limitless-timed videos

1 Like

I didn’t know musical.lys time duration was loinger. Thanks for sharing!

yeah, musical.lys time duration is like 8 seconds i think? im not too sure though aha

oh, its cool I’ve seen some musicals and they seem longer.

@MattFogarty /close

I think, if we would of wanted to do a different app, we wouldn’t of called it v2.
So i think 6 second videos are great.
I think it’s the perfect tim to watch without getting board.

2 Likes

true that’s what I’m reconsidering its the entire point of why it was created short videos.

1 Like

Totally. The great thing about vine was that every video was short. You’ve all probably experienced when your friend wants to show you an 8-minute youtube video and they’re saying, “It’s so funny!” You are very unexcited to watch the whole thing. I think short is best because it keeps your attention.

2 Likes

Exactly, and inthink we need do have a way to improve sharing

1 Like

Or to tag a friend

1 Like

smart having call to actions like tag a friend or to increase comments ask a question relevant to the video.

Or maybe, we could have a 6 second video, with a possibility at the end to put a share button, and when they click or tap on this area, it get’s shared

1 Like

I feel like there should one option to increase the vines duration to 30 seconds :smile:

1 Like