V2 Newsfeed Design Idea

This is what I imagine what the news feed / discover page would look like. I could have made this look a lot different, but I was trying to think of something realistic for someone to code and not make it too hard on them.

The Design

I added a button in the right hand corner to create a new post (video). Underneath the navigation would be a shortcut toolbar which users would be able to customize to their liking. They would take options from the hamburger menu and add it there for a quick access. The rest of the page is pretty self explanatory. Enjoy !

newsfeed

If you missed my other design posts.

4 Likes

That’s really cool! Were you thinking about the news feed being vines/text from only people you’re following? Or just like a global feed?

1 Like

Looks great!
2 thoughts:
-Wouldn’t the white stripes on the side of the video lessen the viewing experience on small screens?
-I think that the explore, search and profile buttons (as well as the like and views icons) should have the same “single string” design as the logo, just to keep the visual identity consistent and distinguish it from other apps.
(If needed I could help with this, I’m a graphic designer)

Either way it’s pretty awesome, really like the shadow-like fading! I definitely think that that 3d feeling should be incorporated in the whole UI

1 Like

I was just thinking it being people you follow. There could possibly be another section for global posts. But I was thinking of instead having a trending page or even having a featured page. Just because the global section might not be as enjoying.

1 Like

I guess It would make sense to have the video the full width of the screen for responsiveness. Thank you for your feedback !

1 Like

Nice, Great work!

1 Like

awesome! would there be room for a caption or would it be nested in the comment page?

1 Like

@Angelo.Destro The white on green looks neat so maybe the caption could be incorporated at the top of that bottom stripe (maybe in a slightly bigger font, or making the rest smaller) and the comments could have an icon and a count just like Likes and Loops

1 Like

That could work!

Wow that person got a lot of views and likes :joy:

1 Like

LMAO :joy:

1 Like

That’s really cool. Hopefully Dom and his team will incorporate something along these lines.

1 Like

Yea, just make it a little better. I forgot to add a bar on top of the video to display their username.