V2 for Web (My Idea)

Something that I like is watching funny videos from everywhere. Even from work.

I mostly spend my time on a computer because of my job, so I think I’d be cool if we had a V2 for Web.

So here’s my idea:
1- You can only watch, comment, share and like.
2- Trendy page (Most watched videos of the day)
3- Hashtag section. (search videos depending on hashtags)
3- Obviously be able to go to someone’s profile.
4- Maybe, just maybe be able to DMs. (In case we see something funny and would like to share it to our friends)
5- You can’t upload.

If you guys have something else to add I could edit and add it with your username.

5 Likes

I think it would better Vine editors to upload on web, so we don’t have to edit, transfer to our phone, and then upload it.

5 Likes

I know, but I would want the Web version to be light, not to heavy.

3 Likes

I see what you’re presenting, and I think it’s a pretty good idea. Though if that does come, I hope that they still keep their main focus on the app.

2 Likes

Exactly. That’s why you wouldn’t be able to upload on the web version. Just watch and maybe have a DMs option.

1 Like

I totally agree with you. Having a strong desktop platform would be great for v2, and I spend a lot of time on my computer, especially with dealing with videos. A website would make everything easier.

4 Likes

I hope there is a web version for desktop users. Maybe even a Windows’s store app. I think though that it should only be to view videos and maybe like them. Going to profiles could work but it would take more effort for for the creator and he is already working so hard for this so I wouldn’t want to overload him.

3 Likes

Yeapp, you’re right. As far as there’s a Web version in the future I’d be happy.

2 Likes

A web version would be nice, it would help out creators big time, just keep it simple though and only have the simple functions like others have said on this thread

3 Likes

Why can’t you upload?

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t see the notification early. Think of IG. They don’t let you upload from web. Do you know why?

They don’t let you upload from web because if you get to do it a big amount of people won’t use the app and rather have it on the web.

V2 is an app and the point is to use it, not the web.

Uploading from the web would be an essential feature. Why would I want to edit a video on my computer, only to have to downsize it and send it to my phone so I can upload it? It’s an unnecessary ammount of hoops. The app can still be the focus, but allowing web access would help balance it out. There’s no reason for it to be application elitist. In fact, it would really help the platform to have another influx of traffic. Especially since not everyone wants to (or even can) commit to downloading an app.

and i never have enough storage on my phone to actually save it for uploading :joy:

1 Like

Exactly! It’d be sooo helpful to be able to upload from my laptop

Omg this is a great idea. It’ll make uploading easier especially for those who want to edit their V’s on their laptop