"V2" for kids?

I don’t like violence that much but I agree that sometimes it might be funny but not all the time.My question is, are violentic vin*es going to be tolerated because who knows people will post crazy things on “v2” and many kids will watch them and they are going to think that violence is funny.In my opinion “v2” should not be for people under the age of 8.Or there could be another app for kids just like back in the day where there was a second V**e for kids.If there is going to be one, how will Dom name it?

3 Likes

Most apps and websites now have a safe mode in which certain content are filtered out if they’re considered inappropriate (Google is a prime example). I would hope the new app has this sort of filter.

6 Likes

I’m assuming that there will be one app which will be released, maybe a follow up for kids. I’m assuming there will only be one because there is only one twitter, youtube etc.

3 Likes

Well to even use the app to begin with, Dom has stated the age limit would be 13. I’m sure adding some filtering feature would help, but it might cause troubles for some accounts.

Maybe accounts could indicate if certain posts are more suited for older individuals instead of having whole accounts filter out.

4 Likes

Maybe they’ll be a warning for “sensitive content” like what Instagram and Twitter has.

2 Likes

didn’t vine have a sensitive content thing?

1 Like

Im not too sure. I didnt use it when it was “alive”. Dom’s trying to make the new app a bit different from Vine, so there’s a small possibility that it will carry on.

2 Likes

I’m really sure they had a sensitive content warning because I remember first seeing it and being scared to click on it

1 Like