V2 feature announcement: Teams

One of the things we’re adding to v2 is the “Team” feature, which is a special type of account that multiple people can post to and manage. Teams are a way to better facilitate ongoing collaboration between two or more people. A Team’s profile page will list its members, and the members have the ability to promote and repost Team posts to their own timeline (even with alternate captions). Teams will hopefully simplify, formalize, and enhance behavior we’ve already seen occurring between artists on most video services.

372 Likes

Very interesting feature. Sounds like Teams will be kind of like Pages on Facebook. Great idea!

22 Likes

Will we have the ability to add, drop or block people from inviting others to our team?

Will teams be able to reach out to each other and collaborate through the app-

and will there be a certain way to search for teams instead of single artists?

28 Likes

Great idea, i like it

5 Likes

yes, there will be simple permissions

i think this will probably expand over time, but yes, that’s the goal. it’d be nice to some day facilitate collaboration entirely remotely.

yep, we’ll work out a way to allow you to search for both or just one or the other

42 Likes

Perfect, appreciate your response.

8 Likes

I imagine there will be a Team Leader who is basically the Admin for that Team and can control who is in the Team and what it can do?

20 Likes

That’s what I was thinking with adding or dropping users.

4 Likes

That’s my question. Would there be a “team” leader?

6 Likes

This is great!!

4 Likes

yep. potentially many leaders if you decide on that, although that is dependent on how well we think we can communicate the risks of doing that

33 Likes

With that being a special kind of account does that mean users need to have their personal account and then create a team account? For example, my handle is @logic but I want to make a team for my homies @schoolboyq and @liluzivert. I make the team called @rattpack and I invite everyone (including myself) to it, and we can all upload our own videos to that page than re-loop them to our own?

20 Likes

Love it! Good idea.

7 Likes

Sounds like an awesome idea dom. Nice thinking

6 Likes

love this idea dom.

6 Likes

Great idea, will definitly use this feature !

5 Likes

I like the sounds of that, just hope it doesn’t turn into large teams monopolizing the app.

9 Likes

brill idea!

4 Likes

Just a few questions. Is team kinda like pages on facebook and if so, is there a specific admin?

5 Likes

great idea.

yet again changing the game

12 Likes