V*** Stories?

not sure if this idea has been brought up, but what do you think? yes? no? throw it away?

5 Likes

No. Snapchat, Facebook, Skype, and even WhatsApp have this feature! Its pretty boring in my opinion; and wouldn’t fit an app like Vine.

11 Likes

I don’t really see a need for stories, especially on apps like Instagram and Facebook. It would just seem like they’re copying Snapchat.

5 Likes

Nah… it’ll be so flooded if it happens

3 Likes

Only if it has rainbow mouths and dancing hotdogs…lol jk

1 Like

I actually really like the stories idea. Not people are fond of it, but it’s super easy to update followers with stories rather than creating posts that you’ll just delete after a short time.

2 Likes

Everything is making stories; I feel like if v2 added them, the app would blend into the crowd rather than stand out like it should.

4 Likes

Please no. Enough apps have this

1 Like

I can’t speak for @dom but I think he wants V2 to be a unique social media app rather than one that follows the crowd. I think they are trying to distinguish it from all current forms of social media, including vine, and so they will not include things like stories that are overused.

4 Likes

absolutely not

1 Like

thats a no for me dawg lol

1 Like

I think it is a great idea if used properly. For example, it could be used as a way for the creators to say something to the audience. Imagine a viner has the flu and will not record as much as they normally would. Then, the viner will be able to tell their followers that, and choose until when the announcement will appear on people’s feed.

(Sorry if I didn’t explain myself properly, English is not my mother tongue :sweat_smile:)

Instead vine stories (which will be like a vine 24h visible) I think that could be intresting to share a broadcast message to your followers

3 Likes

@he.s.alex For example, when you touch the button to create a new vine, it displays also an option to send a broadcast message to your audience?

2 Likes

No like please no more stories, now every social media is the same like they don’t have differentials from others…

2 Likes

yeah, more less ^^

1 Like

It wouldn’t work anyways. 6 second stories? That don’t loop (I assume? Or the entire story would loop)? It just seems unintuitive and frankly annoying.

I’m Team No Stories for sure.

According to Dom, they haven’t planned anything in regards to stories (source: General questions about V2) so that’s not a no but not a yes either.

1 Like

This idea is good but not for V2 (IMO). It’s a cool feature but every app has it now and it doesn’t really bring anything new to the table.

no stories plz