V*** question

Hey guys! What is one thing you’re looking forward to on V2 and one thing you are not? Comment and follow me on Instagram @iceboyandre

3 Likes

I’m looking forward for the many different ways people use the app and what communities thrive. I’m not looking forward for everyone being thirsty and begging for attention in annoying ways. There’s definitely a right way and a wrong way to do it

11 Likes

I’m ready for either an og viner or the next more funny thing to laugh at :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing the new content and new ideas people have tbh

6 Likes

I REALLY WANT TO SEE AN AWESOME COMMUNITY, PRETTY SIMILAR TO VINE’S… yah.

i don’t want to see the growth of bad people, or decent people turn into terrible ones, or anything like that.

7 Likes

Im looking forward to creating a community and getting to know others. But Im not looking forward to shitty trends

4 Likes

Mainly I just want to make friends and videos

3 Likes

I’m just looking forward to getting a good laugh and maybe meeting new people??

2 Likes

looking forward to having a creative outlet for all my crazyness, and making videos with my equally as crazy friends :joy: and discovering all of your amazing content 'cause I’m pretty sure you’ll all be amaaaaazeballs :confetti_ball: Not looking forward to seeing all my hard work not really flourish on the app because (I think) the algorithms usually favour creators from the USA (I think, please correct me if I’m wrong :woman_shrugging:t3:) Otherwise, super hyped!

5 Likes

The algorithms have biasses? I wasn’t aware of this :hushed::thinking::joy:

I wasn’t either, but when I was talking about trying to become big on v2 with my friends, one of them said “yeah but we’re from Spain and have you ever seen anyone from a non-english country become big on vine?” and I was like “:exploding_head: oh nooooo” (so I don’t really have proof, but it makes sense that it would be harder for a creator from a certain country to become big in another one) Maybe American vines became the most popular because that’s where the app was created, where trends arise and where most of the creators were from? And because English is the universal language, obviously. I hope there isn’t a bias and it was just my friend jumping to conclusions!

3 Likes

Wow. This fact which would seem apparent never came to my mind; but come to think of it, I can’t any viners that aren’t American :frowning:️Your friend is pretty attentive! Hopefully this won’t happen on V2! :hushed:

1 Like

bigger viners come from the United States but still there are some who started in other countries and became really famous. For example there’s this kid named JUANPA ZURITA, he’s Mexican and he filmed v**es in spanish and now Lele Pons is one of his best Friends, he modeled for D&G and went to Somalia with Jerrome Jarre. See! You can succeed if you really believe in who you are

3 Likes

I thought of them too and they keep my hopes up :ok_woman:t3:‍♀️ (and Daz Black, who’s from England) Thanks for the motivating words!

1 Like

wait do you speak Spanish?

2 Likes

Yup, I’m from the Canary Islands, 100% Spanish! :canary_islands:

1 Like

Omgg THIS IS what I also FEAR the most. I’m from the Middle East. And I’ve barely ever seen anyone breakout from the middle east to stardom on Vine :sob:. that’s why I really hope the Algorithm won’t be US biased and everyone would have an equal opportunity to go big!

4 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s specifically the algorithms or anything, it might just be because the whole “social media as a full time job” thing has taken root in the US, but I definitely see it expanding!! I think a fully optimized social media platform would give anybody the tools to succeed regardless of where they are from, so long as they put the work in to achieve that success. Definitely way easier said than done since it’s hard to control who downloads it and what people do with the app. Looking forward to seeing V2 potentially breaking down those barriers!

3 Likes

SIIIII, es mejor y además ya podríamos colaborar con alguien de la lengua en la que en hablamos. Además con ese rumor de que se podrá colaborar con gente de otros lugares, pues es aún más posible no? :joy:

1 Like

¡Exacto! Sería super guay colaborar en español alguna vez en una página con muchos vídeos en inglés, sería un refreshing change y los seguidores de la cuenta se quedarían flipando jajaja

1 Like