V*** Camera

So I woke up to my phone notifications sayin “Vine Updated” I got so confused thinking they’ve updated the old Vine app on the PlayStore to v2 then I realised they’ve updated the vine camera app and whenever I open it up I see this.

Screenshot_20180525-101125

So we can’t even use the vine camera anymore :sob:

8 Likes

Man it’s not even in the App Store anymore… :pensive: fucking Twitter man…

I still can use it at least.

4 Likes

WOW. Now we’re just gonna have to record exactly 6.5 second videos. >:|

5 Likes

Looks like if you have iOS you can still use it, but only if you had it installed, no new users can install it now.

3 Likes

That’s unlikely if you ask me, but not impossible.

1 Like

Yea, I know it’s highly unlikely, but I can’t help myself. Hard to let go. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My app updated automatically, so I lost it’s usage. So I uninstalled it and installed a previous version. Now I just won’t update the Vine camera app so it’ll work.

2 Likes

darn! i haven’t checked mine out yet, fingers crossed it doesn’t update automatically! :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Ugh, I just deleted it a few days ago… regretttttt…

1 Like

Mine still allows use and there’s no update in the App Store so idk🤷🏽‍♀️

1 Like

You’re the chosen one

2 Likes

guess what happened to the website :\
vine%20new%20layout

1 Like

Rip for real vine

3 Likes

Was the site not already in an archived state?

Here’s the FAQ for Vine Archived & other Vine matters

1 Like

The first question says “What happened to the Vine website?” and I’m done. :sob:

Also, lucky me for installing the Vine Camera right before they removed it haha

2 Likes

It was, but the homepage was different and you could still view vines on it and search up accounts. If you still want to watch them, what I’ve figured out is that you have to enter the actual account of the person. For instance: vine.co/lizakoshy.

I confirm this…its not like how it was

1 Like

I knew how it used to be, but this new change seems dumb. Only way to find things are with URLs now.

1 Like

Very odd. I wonder what’s going on. The FAQ on the website says that you can access vines via the URL only, or you can go to a person’s Vine account page if you know their username. But when I tried my Vine username, I just got this:

23%20AM

I keep hoping this is because Dom bought the rights to Vine somehow and is going to surprise everyone.

3 Likes