Uptick in offensive content?

So, I scroll through the latest tab quite a bit, and I’ve noticed an uptick in offensive content (anti Semitic and misogynistic jokes, mainly).
(All of them that I’ve noticed have had tik tok watermarks too, but that within itself is not an issue)
Has anybody else seen more of that kind of stuff lately or Is it just me?

11 Likes

Yea. Same.
Remember that Tiktok is a super toxic community itself.

I hope they adjust as they come over and they see that’s not how we do things here.

8 Likes

Yes. That’s why I’m advocating for the content filter… this isn’t news to me!

On that note, best if you flagged and not engage with the content.

15 Likes

Yes. It’s to be expected with an influx of new users but still really sucks.

5 Likes

Well, I had a comment from someone not so nice who posted a bunch of on work videos that could have easily got him in trouble. I messaged dom and Cami and they said to let them know if any other bad apples pop up. Looks like we’re gonna have to just wait and see what happens for now.

4 Likes

Same here!

4 Likes

There has MOST DEFINITELY been a sudden small spike for sure

7 Likes

What Pac said. Flag that junk. :+1:t2:

9 Likes

I’m on it, flag patrol!

7 Likes

I haven’t, but the moderation here is amazing, so it should be going off the platform soon.

1 Like

I just reported. It was also kind of heartbreaking because a lot of the folks posting the content seemed to be kids like…

3 Likes

That’s when restriction mode behinds handy.

3 Likes

A lot of parents have no idea to monitor and control their kids device.

4 Likes

indeed!

2 Likes

Kids tend to look for attention.
They don’t care how they get it.
And they learn pretty quick that offensive stuff gets them noticed the fastest…regardless of how negatively.

Doesn’t excuse the behavior, but kids are def brutal.

6 Likes

Restrictions mode that has a setting in the app itself. Anyways, the app is labeled 17+ in the app — long term wise we will see higher activity of underage.

However, there are multiple solutions to fixing this I’m pretty byte is working on it but I don’t want the APP to become Youtube.

2 Likes

They ask you for your birthday but you can lie about that.
As somebody who works hands on with customers and tech all day- most kids have a much better grasp than their parents and know ALL the loopholes.

Edit: I should also note that at 24, most kiddos 16 and under look about 8 to me.

5 Likes

If you see something offensive can you create three or four new bytes? Your content is really inspiring. I think overcoming bad with more good is a good strategy too.

2 Likes

I think your content is awesome. If you see bad stuff please Byte more… what do you think?

1 Like

Aww. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ll do my best.

2 Likes