Unable to log in using forum account

I went to log in to the Byte app on Android and it looks like the only way to log in is with a Google account. My forum account is using a non-Google account so my username is listed as unavailable when I try to log in with Google, and I’d prefer to keep it associated with this account. Will there be an option to log in with a non-Google Byte forum account instead of only having Google SSO? Thanks!

2 Likes

Forum and Byte accounts are separate. There aren’t currently any plans to use other methods than Google & Apple for privacy reasons.

5 Likes

Like @matthew2806 said, these are two different social media account and don’t have a shared server. If your forum username isn’t available on the Byte app, you’ll have to come up with a different name!

3 Likes

I can’t log BACK into my account that was created pre-beta with a hotmail email. Is there any way I can change the email to google or something to get back in? The account was already made and after logging out once I can’t get back in because it is not google or apple.

2 Likes

I advice you to contact the Byte team or send @dom a DM, they will be able to help you! :smile:

5 Likes