Translations

I think one of the great things about vine is how many people globally love it. I think it would be really useful if there was a way to set up maybe subtitles or something for your video for other languages. Or maybe have someone translate for you since automatic translators often make mistakes.

2 Likes

Is kind of difficult that because they have to pay a person (or many) to translate

1 Like

Yeah. Maybe if there was some incentive within the community to help with translations? Like promotions or something idk. I just think it would help people from everywhere grow their platforms.

1 Like

It’s very difficult to translate or add subs for all the languages but if it will happen than I’d be more than happy to help with the Spanish - English translation.

Yeah I gotcha. I think it would probably have to be handled on like a person by person basis- but even if they just do it the way YouTube does it, where there’s at least the option to add it to your videos- I think that would be great.

I was trying to create a new topic of discussion, but I guess this seems the best alternative…

Is V2 going to be available to access from Mainland China? There are many Apps that allows users to create some good content; but still mostly rubbish, and some have really kicked off and made it big in the Chinese App space.

V2 sounds like a much more creative, less filter based video tool and community, and it would be great to use it here in China.

1 Like

hey there! nobody will be able to see this idea! do need help figuring out how to create a topic?

1 Like

There are a lot of ‘ifs’ here but IF Google or another company offers open translation APIs based on its tech then maybe real-time computer-based translation could work and IF there was a speech to text element in their as well, as on Apple’s Clips app then such a feature might be possible. Need a genuinely tech-savvy v2 team member to verify if this is even possible.

That or integration with an app like HiNative if you want a real person to do the translation.

I personally think that a viewe who know both languages should be able to submit translations so if there was a bilingual viewer they would be able to for free and vountarily submit subtitles - or even just English captions.

1 Like

Exactly what I think. Like on youtube. I’m able to add translations.

2 Likes

Yeah and also people could report rude faulty etc captions and a user with a certain amounts of reports would be prevented from making captions

2 Likes

That’s exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about. I think I just didn’t phrase it well lol.

Once I saw a video from Ricegun that said ching chan din don over and over again for being Asian. People like that should be banned from translating once reported or even from the app.

oh yeah that’s the white girl who claims she’s black. Woahvicky if im not wrong. Too weird.

That would be great. I can’t seem to find a way to do it.

2 Likes

Sorry for late response! If you haven’t figured it out yet, are you on a computer or mobile?

@dom thisss!