Tragedy Support & Awareness

In the know of some recent events, I believe it’s important to give help and attention to people who need it the most. I don’t think we should forget how social media are literally LIFE savers. Some people who have bad days or a rough time turn on their screen for joy and support. So, I think it would be creative to have some kind of banner, or a different type of home screen when a tragedy or event happens. Those affected by an event, or simply those who are saddened, can know that there are good people in the world, and there are people who are there to care for them. There could also be a ‘SUPPORT’ or ‘DONATE’ button where you could help people, groups, or charities in a direct way. Thank you for reading, and let me know what you think! You also have an option to turn this off. Hopefully @dom can see this.:smiley:

2 Likes

This is a really, really sweet idea.

Just to add onto your idea, I think for security purposes there would definitely need be some sort of special registration process to have a support/donate button on your page. For example, you edit your account and have the option to add a charity banner, theme, etc., and if you’re the first person to use the button it you have to have it verified. Then once it has been verified you and other people can use it.

3 Likes

I love this idea, and I also agree with @theonerdical that there should be verification for it because you alway hear of all of these horror stories about someone starting a page to raise money for a cause, but they’re not even an ambassador for the cause and they keep the money for themselves.

5 Likes

great idea dude!

@jaydel @theonerdical But there was one thing I’m not sure if I clarified. I think the V2 Team would be the guys setting up the button, and that they would offer a select group, or let you search for a group that you’d like to donate to. Kind of like the “Amazon Smile” Program

2 Likes

Okay, I get it now.

3 Likes

Oh nice!

1 Like

nice idea :smile:

1 Like