To be blunt

Some of you are on this app for the wrong reasons. You want fame and success handed to you on a platter but don’t want to work for it. You don’t get ahead by complaining that you’re behind. Those people who think it’s necessary to join r4r groups or whatever they’re called are only going to hurt themselves. As well as those who post content and spam tag in the hopes that someone shares it to their following. (leeching a following is in no way a healthy way to build a platform for yourself). I understand that everyone wants to be someone, but not everyone gets to be that someone by coasting and doing the bare minimum.

Your content is a craft that must be worked at and honed. You need to find out what works for you and what does not. And 9 times out of 10 you will fall flat. But that 1 time you get it makes it all worth it. You never know what will come from just attempting to do better.

It is so easy to get stuck with that green-eyed monster. And you start down a path of why not me, or why does x,y,z have this but not me? Instead start asking. How can i make me better? How can I improve my content and skill sets by extension? How can i better utilize the skills currently available to me to make sure I’m doing the best every time?

Everyone must start somewhere, and that’s not always at the top.

49 Likes

Brilliant post. To add onto this, I’ll admit on Vine I fell into the trap of thinking that I’m a victim and thought the only way I’d be able to get noticed is if I resorted to cheap tactics for engagement. Even when I was getting “fake likes” at an attempt to position myself on the popular page, I wasn’t blowing up the way I expected to. Looking back at my old Vines, I realized how undercooked most of them are, and how much better they could have been if I wasn’t so hasty to half assedly post the first semi good idea that came to mind thinking it would go viral. And it makes me wonder if I better developed my ideas and my Vines, perhaps I would have gotten the engagement I wanted.

Towards the end of Vine’s lifespan when I gave up on these revine4revine tactics, it helped me better evaluate myself as a creator. I was able to be more objective with what I was producing and targeting areas where I could have improved, and I started making some pretty good content (in my opinion lol). I even had a bunch of bigger viners like Chris Melberger and J.Cyrus comment and laugh at my stuff. Going into Byte I completely refused to join engagement groups, and while I wish my growth could have been grander, I’m a lot more happy making content this time around.

12 Likes

Introspection is necessary for improvement and people don’t realize that once you “make it” you have to keep improving.

9 Likes

Ok.

2 Likes

What o_o

1 Like

Ok :bust_in_silhouette::bust_in_silhouette:

2 Likes

The undercooked Vines were necessary, I think. It helps you to see where you need to improve and evolve organically. And it helps your audience see how you started and how far you’ve come along

4 Likes

I’m honestly quite confused why some people are genuinely upset that they aren’t viral yet when byte is barely viral. No one at my school seems to know that it exists until I tell them about.

Guys come on we all have to walk before we can swim. Keep doing you and make the content you love to make. The payoff will come but the sweetest one comes when you wait out the long game x

Byte is a month in. You have been here from the beginning. On an community app like this, that means a great deal :heart:

14 Likes

True, you need to grow organically, just keep on posting quality content daily and remember it doesn’t matter the amount of likes you get, you just gotta have fun with, cause if you keep focusing on numbers your only gonna piss yourself off, stay creative and keep BYTING​:grin::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Nice post @ceduh :raised_hands:t5:
Do you sell this sermon on VHS?

1 Like

I mean Dom isn’t even viral and he is the founder of this app like he has said. So why are people expecting to go viral?

2 Likes

awesome post. You did great on this :handshake:

4 Likes

nope sorry, floppy disk only.

thank you!

1 Like

To be blunt… I am blunt

3 Likes

well played sir, well played.

2 Likes

Well said. I think it’s always hard for people to separate numbers and producing great content. If all you care about is numbers and not having a good time, you may not be using Byte the right way. The people that can grow with quality content and fostering a community are always the ones I think will come out on top.

1 Like

I’m not sure why everyone is responding with “ok”. But never fear Becus I am here. With an.

”OKURRRRRRT”

1 Like

nor i which is why i didnt say anything else xd

Totally agree. Honestly considering just using the zen mode for a while to make sure I’m making what I think is funny and not making things because it might be more popular. People just need to remember you dont want people following you because you followed them or you asked but because they like what you make. Quality/quantity always.

2 Likes