Time to check your knowledge!

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?images

the chicken, obviously. even inside of the egg there’s one. FACTS

In Biology the egg is a cell and cells are basic building blocks of life so the egg

but in this case…

idk

Umm ahhh ummmmmmmmmmmmm

Dinosaurs were making eggs WAAY before chickens were waddlin around

I thinI think the Chicken came first

Possibly the chicken first :face_with_monocle::thinking: And then they eventually started laying eggs to make them more “chicken-like”? Ha

1 Like

Chicken, cause without them, there would be no eggs :woman_shrugging:

Without eggs there would be no chickens… This is also possible right!

Hmm… Maybe :thinking: Even scientists couldn’t figure it out :v

Yup… That’s true

Egg of course. And it could have been a different species that would have had to lay the first egg that had a chicken inside… starting he cycle.

Swear these forums are supposed to be fun and interesting and not make me want to go back to Science revision

1 Like

My humble opinion is that it is a matter of pragmatics.

Firstly, is it specifically a chicken and a chicken egg, or eggs in general. If it is the Chicken or Eggs in general, Eggs come first. However, if it is the Chicken or the Chicken Egg, we get into groovy thoughts.

It’s all about how we define each one. What we would call the first chicken came from a slightly different animal (but lets not get into years of evolution), so we have animal x laying an egg and a chicken hatches. Is the egg in this case a chicken egg, or animal x egg. If the latter, then the chicken came first. However, if you define a chicken egg as any egg that contains a chicken, then the egg came first.

Yeah… This is fun right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:…

Pshh all I know is that I eat chicken :+1:t3:

Maybe some other bird/animal had evolved into a chicken and laid eggs.

Well… I don’t eat chickens, but I do eat eggs though :joy:… So, am I a vegan or an eggetarian? :thinking:

Vegetarian

Yeah… That’s true. But my friends won’t believe it :joy: I’ll tell them that, my vine friend supports me in this matter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: