TikTok vs Byte : my take

I wrote an article for one of my classes about my experiences with Byte and TikTok. I would LOVE if you could show it some love and share your feedback. This realm of media is my passion and ultimately what I want to continue doing so any and all comments are welcome. https://medium.com/@alexandriaisais/tiktok-vs-byte-45b7ab4f1160?sk=6d2a98ddfbd1bfb9eb07ff0878a65d02

33 Likes

aah this was so cool!! in free time at work I’m constantly trying to find byte articles to read about so if you ever write more please post!

7 Likes

Bruhh this is so sick! I’m gunna give it a better read later tonight, but really like this article so far!! :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Reading now🙌🏾

3 Likes

Great read! We need more articles published about byte. Also loved the remark about having more active users than Lasso lol. And the edited September compilation came out great.

I disagree with your conclusion though. Not to say that byte won’t thrive, but I don’t think Tik Tok is going anywhere anytime soon.

4 Likes

i should’ve elaborated more. i don’t think tiktok will just up and go away. i do think that byte will pull the creative users from tiktok, as well as the users who needed that short video fix (like myself). i used to go on tiktok every night just to fill the void, but since byte was released i just deleted tiktok altogether. i think a lot of users will feel the same way. thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it more than you know!

5 Likes

hey ben ily

2 Likes

ah yes! i write a lot about social media platforms and will definitely be writing more about byte! here’s another article i wrote for one of my classes on the niche platform of the discord leading up to the beta! https://medium.com/@alexandriaisais/take-a-byte-of-your-niche-908c067224c8

4 Likes

your writing is incredible

keep it up

(i made the byte discord server btw)

3 Likes

Not bad, actually read the whole thing through, very professional indeed

3 Likes

“Creativity thrives in limitation, and community thrives in individuality.”

I felt that! :sob::ok_hand:Great article.

TikTok only took the shallowest parts of what made vine great. And how can you celebrate something that only cares about the surface?

BTW @heckingheck the September 21st chain was a masterpiece. And it’s only the beta! I’m excited for our future.

7 Likes

That article was a great read! Also that September 21st chain was pretty cool :smiley: We’re only starting with byte, we can only imagine what Byte can do in the future! :smile:

3 Likes

I loved reading this article! I’ve read some Tik Tok articles that are way biased. Either they hate it, or thinks it’s God’s gift to the App Store. You kept pretty consistent with seeing both sides while still favoring Byte. Great article!!

3 Likes

permission to edit you in specifically?

3 Likes

Kewl essay havent seen you on here tho so quit lurking and get active but yeah was a nice article. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Wow this was so well written. Hope you write more Byte articles in the future :star2:

3 Likes

The links you’ve posted are great reads!! I’m gonna try and stay up to date to see what else you post about byte, and anything else! Haha great work!!

3 Likes

yo this was so good! I agree tho I think everyone who was using tiktok as a “vine substitute” will drop it when byte hits the app store

3 Likes

This is a fantastic take. I pretty much agree with everything here! I certainly believe that TikTok is/was a temporary solution to Vine when that went away, and that once byte releases and more people find out about it, it will quickly gain the attention and popularity it deserves.

4 Likes

Byte will win no question.

1 Like