TIKTOK may not leave!

BYTE DANCE THE OWNER OF TIKTOK JUST GAVE UP THEIR STAKE IN THE COMPANY TO CLINCH A DEAL WITH MICROSOFT. Even if it is shut down there is a possibility it will come back under new ownership very fast.

6 Likes

Here is the link.

mp,550x550,gloss,ffffff,t

9 Likes

Yeah I saw on twitter that news this morning MS buying out TikTok. Don’t know what to think but since MS killed Mixer, they might kill TikTok too

7 Likes

This is enough of a shake up to trigger another wave of users <3<3<3

3 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised. Still if they bought TikTok, I feel like the Chinese would screw the app up somehow so that it messes up. Due to china wanting to have the newest silicone valley (Hong Kong area).

2 Likes

trump has to approve it first (he stated yesterday that he doesn’t want a US company to buy them out as well). the ball is in his court now and if trump doesn’t approve the deal, they’ll have to shut down in the US

2 Likes

Mixer was struggling to compete with Twitch and to some extent YouTube. TikTok is already the biggest app of it’s kind right now. I don’t think they would kill it unless it became unprofitable for them.

2 Likes

Agreed. We will see today mabye.

Trump did say that he will not allow for Microsoft to take over TikTok… I hope that this actually goes through though…

6 Likes

i’m not for this tbh

1 Like

girl this is an emotional rollercoaster i’m tired

7 Likes

The writers of 2020 really like to mess with us :flushed:

3 Likes

ultimately even if microsoft do buy the US operations of toktikaliktokbok, byte is still growing at a killer rate and creating a fantastic community that are staying even before the ban commences

i love it here

5 Likes

Glad you like it here. I love it here too🙂

thats not a good thing

1 Like

i follow you on byte :joy:

1 Like

Now Microsoft can spy on people even more :laughing:

This doesn’t mean anything really. Trump still isn’t going to like that the sister app runs in China and that Microsoft has been known to work closely with the Chinese government at times. Few companies want to be on China’s bad side. If Microsoft had already owned tiktok before the privacy allegations Trump would leave it alone, but now he can choose his stipulations and he’ll do anything possible to screw over China (Which is something I wholeheartedly support). Banning tiktok may be trumps only (good) achievement as president.