Tiktok may be getting banned from the USA

Guess there’s only one option :kissing_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Let’s hope Byte does something, this can be a great opporutnity!

3 Likes

possibly, yes? rip to brands, artists, and content creators that were profiting from TT. Fs. JUST Fs…

1 Like

My husband works in national security. Their general put down a directive that all personnel and their families should remove tiktok from all devices until further notice. It’s not an order but a strong suggestion. Hubby made the kids delete Monday.

4 Likes

That’s wild and kinda frightening tbh.

2 Likes

This is Bytes time to shine tbh…it’s an opportunity that must be seized

5 Likes

It is. He is not allowed to go into details but he highly suggests no one use tiktok.

4 Likes

woah, this is lowkey great news! waits for it to happen in the uk :flushed:

definitely time for byte to have the spotlight it deserves!! i do hope, though, that if everyone moves to byte, that the tiktok trends won’t be a thing…

2 Likes

It’s too bad all this time has passed with few updates to the app, though. If Byte wants to jump on this opportunity, they need to move a lot faster and re-engage the beta-testers who have stuck around despite having been ignored for months. This is not a drill anymore.

10 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

Doubtful.

This could be great for byte, and it should be a smooth transition for TikTok creators if it does happen. I’m seeing mixed reports that it will be all Chinese apps, which I seriously doubt. I’m probably wrong on this, but that means that a lot of apps, some that people may use everyday, would be banned.

1 Like

Thank you, somebody understands

I’m already seeing buzz that the only reason it is being banned is b/c POTUS is mad about the Tulsa thing.
:man_facepalming:

Many apps are invasive to your privacy.

TT is a colonoscopy to your privacy.