TikTok encouraged moderators to suppress content from those deemed ugly, poor, or overweight

Thoughts on this???

13 Likes

yeah heard about this. TikTok started to become more of a model tryout social app than a have a good time social app, that’s why I moved to byte. Especially now since literally everyone is copying each other while some users(like me) are actually trying to make original content.

12 Likes

True I see a lot of the same skit on tik tok all the time and even in here sometimes as well just modified a little

5 Likes

Am I supposed to be surprised?

6 Likes

I don’t doubt this is true but the source is literally a word document?

3 Likes

There are a ton of really good creators on Byte especially in your category “comedy”. Byte is going to be a great place. What surprised me about Byte in the comedy section especially was that the comics here did not need to hyper focus on profanity, sexuality and current event baits. They did not need political hooks or other cheap “like-bait” they are just really, really, really talented in more advanced comedy such as acting, skit set ups, situational and observational humor. Those are super hard (I am not able to do ANYTHING in comedy myself) but I really honor the community Byte has brought together in the comedy section. I liked a few of your Bytes by the way. You will need to bring your A game to do well on Byte to get hundreds of likes. Don’t get discouraged if you do not just keep Byting and getting better. I would suggest setting a 250 Byte goal before casting any negative evaluating Byte itself. (I would also suggest you rebyte 100 of the best Comedy Bytes here now not to promote them but to use as benchmarks for yourself). What do you think?

8 Likes

Your comedy seems to be really well suited for Byte. Impressive like number here. AWESOME work too! I liked a few of your Bytes… Great work! Some of them are seriously VERY funny.

1 Like

I have not read the “Netzpolitik” report that was referenced in the article. The following is my best shot at humor: I feel discriminated against because I use my real last name and people that use their real last name and their names are long and hard to pronounce get marginalized. If a person uses their real last name and it is hard to pronounce AND then they use their first name too… forget about it. Need evidence try to think of 10 examples on ANY social media platform where a person has a long last name (over 8 letters) that is HARD to pronounce like mine. What names come to mind? Do you think there should be non-profits to keep people with hard to pronounce long last names from being marginalized on social media as well?

1 Like

I saw something similar to this! But, another reason why I have a TT!

3 Likes

yeah interesting perspective I’ll try that, currently I’m just trying many different things to see what works for me. I’m pretty new to the app I downloaded the app a while back, but I started to post last Friday.

3 Likes

well it’s better to see a modification then to see the same thing 20 times. But I get your point.

2 Likes

Michael Jackson approves this thread

5 Likes

This explained why I could only have 5 followers after using tik tok for 5 months.

6 Likes

Like this explains why I’ve been using byte and not tiktok

3 Likes

I smell a lawsuit :triumph: With evidence like this? They’ll burn. Maybe Byte will look a beacon of hope to content creators, at that point :point_up:t5:.

6 Likes

You could sue if you paid to use the service or paid for advertisements on there - no case there.

What they did is not right from a moral perspective and they did it probably as a business strategy- I’m not condoning it - I’m just seeing why they did it.

But they have hire third party companies within the state to be on the committee of the moderation - they accept their faults and now taking actions to correct it.

It’s a free app just like Byte - they didn’t force anyone to download it and use it :blush: have a bless day and stay safe out there, Henry

6 Likes

Byte future advertisement be like

“We dont discriminate.”

5 Likes

I always felt like the reason I wasn’t visible there was due to being older than 21 and not dancing lol. I suppose my content wasn’t really a great fit for TikTok either though. Either that or a robot/moderator thinks I’m ugly

4 Likes

This is just pure evil.

3 Likes

This is what I feared all social media secretly do… Is prioritize predominantly the north American users. Give us some of that equality

5 Likes