Tiktok copied BYTE challenge

I just saw this and all the celebrities are hoping on it and making this challenge #ChooseYourCharacter

4 Likes

That trend had been on the app for a while

19 Likes

What Faisal said. TT actually did it first. Same as the two truths one lie. It’s a TT trend.

4 Likes

Oh so we took that trend

2 Likes

I mean yeah if you wanna say “one platform stole it from another”, it was definitely on TikTok first. Both #chooseyourcharacter and #twotruthsandalie. I guess the problem with this is that “two truths one lie” is a commonly used icebreaker game.

Lots of videos that people have made on Byte have been “inspired” by TikToks.

7 Likes

trends are cross platform…internet :woozy_face:

7 Likes

ur right no app “owns” trends. They just… exist.

7 Likes

Yea. It’s the internet.
If it exists somewhere…it exists in 100 other places too.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was a musically or early tiktok trend :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Lol, don’t use TT but I knew :wink: trends are trends… no one really owns them!

1 Like

at the moment the sad truth is nearly everything happens tiktok first

21 Likes

don’t worry there will be Byte first trends :slightly_smiling_face: we won’t let you down

3 Likes

We need to start a trend call #PacAThon - the most active person in this forum - if it catches on here, i’ll create a TikTok and promote over there :joy:

@Pac love u my man :blush:

2 Likes

Lol, you’re so sweet :smirk: time to create TT to sell my data

1 Like

I’m personally mining all ur forum enteries to sell in Wuhan open market - it will go viral over there @Pac

2 Likes

@satturnny literally started a trend on byte and it’s one of the first originals. We got this. Sis made a movement and it’s only the beginning.

4 Likes

Back in the good ole’ days when everyone was active :sob:

xoxo @satturnny

1 Like

I swear when you announced vine 2 and only if you would have released it at that time (I know it takes time to build and app and all the things) but I wish then all the trend would have started on byte first :joy:. No worries will try our best to come up with some trends which will be amazing

Yo we can make another trend- it’s very simple. The hard part is getting people to jump on the trend with you. And it can’t be five or six people- it has to be ten/twenty to start a movement.

Thanks @rommie and @Pac i appreciate the love :heart: @jackkay and @mitchromancia thought of it and started moving forwards with the trend. It’s a group effort to start a trend but we can do it again

9 Likes

I’m game let’s do it up

1 Like