This app and WEED?

So I am not sure if you all know, but instagram and Facebook are fascists when it comes to weed. Deleting accounts left and right without warning and without reason. I am an “influencer” of sorts when really I just have a few weed pages, they aren’t to big, but that is hardly my fault. Weed is legal where I live and in 27 other states, so why does instagram take so much action towards us “weedstagrammers”? I couldn’t tell you. And it’s not just me, Actual weed influences ( that smoke weed, promote weed products, have a vast following ) are deleted too! Even at 200K+ , so how are you going to handle weed dom? Or anyone developer who decides to take on this question.

6 Likes

If I see it I’ll be calling 911 on my microwave

33 Likes

In most areas weed is illegal but I’m sure you could get Californian followers or people who are interested to follow. I hope deletion doesn’t come to your case. It does not bother me, I don’t believe there should be HARD drugs on display honestly. I do not think weed is a hard drug. There are videos of people with cigarettes and I believe that cigarettes are more harmful than weed is.

2 Likes

I personally do not mind BUT is that what you really need in this sort of community?

that’s interesting. i feel like i see a lot of weed smoking on instagram. i didn’t know it was something that got deleted.

23 Likes

Wow! I appreciate the reply. And YES! It is a huge problem and you could just forget hitting up instagram and expecting a response because YOU WONT GET ONE. Not to mention if they do contact you back ( it happens sometimes, RAREY ) they tell you it was a “mistake” and reactivate it immediately. I had a friend who ran a MEME page about weed, he was deleted at 189K and was brought back by total luck 4 days later, JUST TO BE BANNED FOR 4 MONTHS the very next day he got his account. ( he said relentless emails day in and day out got the response ). In all honesty it is just ridiculous, I really hope to have a more tolerant and acceptable new app!

1 Like

Ok but weed is still illegal, I mean if we allow one illegal thing why not allow them all? (Hint: because they are illegal)

could you show some of the work that shows up on these types of accounts?

4 Likes

the problem with using that logic is that its not illegal in all states, or countries for that matter. the only way to be selective would be enabling a filter that says “this is not available in your state/country” like youtube does.

6 Likes

Actually a great idea Kaden.

Yes I will post now, pay attention to the bios of these people too! imageimageimageimageimageimage

1 Like

it seems instagram doesn’t care to implement a filter of some sort and rather just go ahead and delete the accounts, quite unfortunate for people who put the time in.

4 Likes

VERY. I have multiple accounts and I don’t even get mad anymore, it is what it is.

2 Likes

It’s algorithm is so messed up

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. I own accounts in different niches and before the alrogithm change was when you had a shot at creating a huge following. Now it’s just pay to play ( advertising through them ) or you are screwed. Posts get shadow banned, 50% of your followers see your posts, sometimes less, followers can’t find you as easy, ect. The countless slimy things instagram has done to force people to promote through them is so far beyond my original thought I might as well be dealing with the mafia. Cruel, but fitting.

1 Like

Was shadowbanned for some reason. It was lifted a few weeks ago.

SEE? WHY IS THAT EVEN A THING? It is ridiculous. Especially since you need power likes and comments just to GET BY on insta now a days. I feel like trump, SAD!

That’s funny cause I live in California and am smoking a medical joint right now.
Weed is illegal some places, not all.
Here in California all you gotta do is be 21+ and have an ID.

A lot of people here use it, why should we not be able to post about it just because it’s illegal in some other state?

2 Likes

Technically, weed is illegal throughout the whole country on a federal level. The Government just turns an eye when it comes to it seeing how much tax revenue is made.

I couldn’t tell ya. But regardless of legalities, instagram is 100% free to promote anything they choose. They choose to delete weed accounts 100% on there own.