They Should Add a Pranks Chanel

This a great Idea for all the people who likes to make pranks and see pranks.
Let’s Make it happened.

2 Likes

Try sending a channel request to this link https://t.co/wgSargoNZb?amp=1 you can also send a request withing the app at the bottom of the channel list called request a channel too! :3

4 Likes

The most obnoxious Viners and Tiktokers just so happened to also be pranksters. You know the ones I mean

So yeah, let’s put them in their own containment channel and out of /funny

(I would also like the ability to HIDE certain channels entirely to coincide the addition of a /pranks channel)

2 Likes

I like pranks, they can be pretty funny. Oh maybe they could go in funny?

Edit: or horror if it was a scary prank.

Edit: or birds if it was a prank of a bird pooping on someone.

1 Like

the almighty byte magicians have already confirmed some kind of “not interested” feature is coming which, from the surface of things, looks like it will allow you to pretty much ignore certain channels

but i do agree, pranks and this kind of content can become quite outrageous and absurd but as long as their is rules and regulations in place that compliment the pre-existing community guidelines, then i think the channel would serve a purpose and be rather entertaining

2 Likes

At the end of the day people have a choice to simply scroll on down to the next vid or not go to certain channels you do not want to support. The only channel I care about is latest! I get to see the newest of new and see what new people are up to.

2 Likes

I thought the “not interested” would just apply to certain posts and individual creators, not entire channels. Maybe hashtags too?

When we have all these new channels coming in, the browse page is getting really populated. It would be nice to thin the herd to get at the content I want

1 Like

I agree the Browse page needs a lot of work

1 Like

@Jeridiculous @elvrother :wink:

4 Likes

I guess if enough people request it, it will happen.

I personally would rather not have it. Pranks are most commonly done by people who think making someone’s day (normally minimum wage employees) worse. There are some amazing and wholesome pranksters out there, but they are the minority.

2 Likes

I already did

1 Like

Why ?

But what If there is a /Pranks Chanel where all the people who likes pranks can see them in one page. That will be Amazing.

Yes, I agree with you.

There are pranks of all Kinds, so I think that it’s a great idea to have a /Pranks Chanel.

Because pranks have the habit of turning into unwanton harassment.
Like the whole “let’s make customer service worker’s lives harder and not ask for their consent before posting up us pranking them” or “let’s pressure a woman I don’t know to go along with me in public for clout” or even the thinly veiled transphobic bull you see all the time.
Like, if we could be assured that it would all just be lighthearted friends pranking other friends, sure, fine. But it never ends up being that.

2 Likes

There are a lot of kinds of pranks, and a lot of people like to see them. I think that there should be a set of rules where Bullying is not allowed or things like that, that can hurt some people. But for my personal opinion a /Pranks Chanel would be a great idea that also comes form Vine.

I mean, unless one of the rules is explicitly that you cannot prank minimum wage workers, I don’t see how we would avoid the whole “not paying correctly” “grabbing the ice cream incorrectly” “saying weird things at the drive through window” bit.
Because that’s a lot of what was popular, and as somebody who works one job at a place where tiktok has popularized a lot of things for us (not even prank specific), it often brings in a whole lot of unnecessary stress and often, a lot of entitled people. Like, I’ve had people get angry because I didn’t “know” a secret menu drink or specific item when- there’s not actually any type of secret menu, just stuff social media has popularized.

1 Like

I respect your opinion.