There's A New Trend On TikTok -- Act Like You're Having A Seizure

I’ve only been on tiktok for 1 day…

Its a whole different world :rofl:

it also happened after he died…people started the “trend” back up after.

True, like this TikTok is something us byters avoid tho. Like this challenge is beyond disgusting. Man TikTok itself and the app is a disgusting app.

2 Likes

Facts bro. It went viral after he passed. Like RIP to juice wrld.

1 Like

Me when I open tiktok to see a bunch of cringy and disgusting posts and then closing it.

2 Likes

I never got the chance to meet Juice Wrld but was a fan of his music. The amount of disrespect of this challenge is beyond disgusting. TikTok is just a cringy clout chasing app that creates any disgusting challenges just to go viral. Rest In Peace to Juice Wrld too

2 Likes

Same. Im staying on Byte forever.

1 Like

Man, you can say that, but I read that tiktok supress content for users who have a disability, poor or even ugly.

2 Likes

If this app ever gets like that, I promise everyone who sees this, I’ll delete it on sight. It’s a mess.

1 Like

So much hate toward TikTok here - I’m so glad I’m not on TikTok.

2 Likes

They honestly deserve the hate tbh.

1 Like

I’d like to note [not just to you but everyone] that there is a difference between hate and valid criticism and backlash. If valid criticism is always labeled as “hate” then the peoppe and platforms being criticized can always shrug it off as “haters” and no one ever improves. Hate are comments that don’t have valid logic or reasoning and are purely opinion like thinking the dancing is “stupid” on Tik Tok. Comments like that don’t help anyone. I just think a huge problem is that people aren’t willing to realize their mistakes, apologize, and adapt so much of the time because they decide to see criticism as hate. We all need to be able to receive criticism without being immediately defensive and actually be critical of ourselves. I just get annoyed when people label all criticism or backlash as “hate” because it sort of acts to invalidate all of it, when there are very valid reasons it’s being criticized. Again this isn’t really specifically directed at you, just talking to anyone.

4 Likes

@Maddy_lions I agreed with ur points.

My thoughts (and it bothers me) are that a lot (not all) are one sided towards their thoughts on TikTok. Every large platform will have users and policy of the app that will be portrait in one way or another in the media.

Soon when Byte gets large enough and have a large number of users, there will be more stuff that will be done that is “bad” and then byte will have to do certain things to control stuff to that could be reflected badly from certain people perspective.

In a large enough group of collective people, there will be a percentage that will be bad.

Like stuff I read here and on some content on Byte with point of views towards TikTokers, I’m almost hesitant to ask my TikTok friends to come over. Why come to a party when people give u the “stink” eye.

I love Byte - if I didn’t, I wouldn’t be on here. But it does bother me that most focus on the negatives on TikTok - google what they have done for the community since covid-19 and their efforts to be more transparent with their data center. They did some wrong things and accepted it and now trying to make it right.

Have a bless day, Henry :blush:

4 Likes

True. I definitely agree that the bigger an app gets that inevitably there will be bad people and content. I definitely don’t agree with hating all of Tik Tok just because there are people who do things like this or content I don’t like. Because there are many people from Tik Tok I do like. So yeah dismissing an entire app like Tik Tok because of a few people isn’t fair.

3 Likes

I’ve seen your tiktok, and while I personally don’t enjoy tiktok very much, I keep it as some of my friends use it heavily and I always support my friends…anyway…your stuff is so positive and upbeat…and your following is likely much the same (a lot like JT’s following base in majority, an air of positivity).
That being said, I do think Byte as a community would welcome that positive user base…tiktok is not the problem, it’s more the negativity that tends to come with it.
But…as you said above, that becomes unavoidable when you have a large user base on a platform, and I think (or at least I hope) we as a community understand that. My sole hope for tiktokkers migrating over for whatever reason: we can lead by example and maintain the warmth of the community…at least for a while.

The stigma that seems to surround tiktok here is still very much present despite efforts to be welcoming to everyone…but I think we are making steps in the right direction…towards being more open and welcoming towards tiktokkers. :relieved:

2 Likes

@radicaltrash @Maddy_lions

Don’t get me wrong - there’s a ton of crap on TikTok I don’t like seeing but the beauty of their algorithm is that stuff u don’t like, it won’t show u.

I’m glad I’m apart of this community - we always have disagreements but at the end, we are still a community :gift_heart:

3 Likes

That part of their algorithm is very nice, admittedly. With some concentrated use, you can pretty well filter out everything and just see stuff that fits what you like 99% of the time (sometimes things sneak in).

Tiktok isn’t inherently bad. There will always be differences when you have a mass of people in one place (physically or virtually).

Keep doing what you’re doing! You are great! :heart: On BOTH platforms.

2 Likes