The thumbnail should be something to look for

I think, if there isn’t any thumbnail possibilities, people won’t want to tap or click on little viners videos

4 Likes

The thumbnail should be selectable from the video and not uploaded. Also, in order to prevent clickbait it should only be available from the middle and not from the beginning or end, because that’s often how people create clickbait on other social media platforms.

4 Likes

Yes it’s true, but the thing is that, if you are in sime weird position or the videos doesn’t look nice, no body will look at it

2 Likes

not really click bait when it will be on a feed, watch time wont really depend on anything as its 6 seconds, if you are popular and on the suggested page then you deserve the views

1 Like

true! reduce clickbait 2k18

2 Likes

Yes but if v2 becomes big, then all the big v2 influencers will get bigger but small influencers will not be on anything, even if it’s a good video

1 Like

Ok but don’t vines start playback when they take up the majority of the screen, just like twitter has an autoplay feature V2 will as well. We won’t really see thumbnails.

i hear you however dom hofmann will create feature to get popular viners viewed aswell as less popular viners, its his platform so ofcorse he wants recognition however he wont centre himself in that so i think he will consider less popular viners. Lets be serious, everyone who creates an account when its released will be unpopular so EVERYONE on that day will be the centre of attention

2 Likes

That’s something to consider as well, it seems like theres no middle ground. If you’re able to create and upload your own thumbnail, V2 would also be flooded with clickbait :sweat:

2 Likes

also another thing is that i understand the term “clickbait” but shouldnt it be like six bait for the 6 seconds you will get watched for, in that case i think monitized videos should get money depending on their ratios, for example your like to views and your views to followers ratio, and then i think there should be a viral category that states if a vine is viral. for example, 100,000 revines and 1,000,000 views is a viral vine - just an example.

2 Likes

This is a good start to developing a monetization strategy, but I think there will still be many things involved if monetization for creators will exist at all.

1 Like

fair enough, thanks