The sounds are Killing the app

I did, in fact, read the thread, and pointed out that featured sounds make it, in some ways, easier to avoid them.
Given that trends are what a lot of creators look for, and sounds are just another way of creating a trend, and that grouping it like this actually makes it easier for us to avoid sounds we don’t like, I don’t see how featured sounds would drive anybody off?
You then came in with a statement that featured sounds would actively drive off new users. When it was pointed out that audio trends might bring in new users, rather than draw them away, you brought up your past experiences and claimed you had data. All I’m doing is asking for that data to be provided outside of “well I told you so and I know what I’m talking about”.

Clear enough?

2 Likes

The majority of people would rather have Featured Hashtags than Featured Sounds in that spot. That’s why you’ve had to defend it on multiple threads.

1 Like

I understand what both of you saying and agree with both of you in many ways. I think that he meant “new users” like himself. People that wanted to create something new and sounds kind of make the app repetitive.

But as you say, sounds can be very positive and bring new users too. Like more of the tiktok type people :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Literally the first sentence: In my opinion the trending sounds are killing the app, I prefer to see the hashtags as they are better and the majority of the people of Byte like to see them.

1 Like

Ok I take back trying to defend you. Where are you getting these stats from? It’s ok to have an opinion but don’t talk for everyone else

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure what I’m supposedly defending, or the other threads I’ve defended it on.
Those of us who post on the forums aren’t the majority one way or another. A lot of us are “millennials” who’ve been on the app for a longer period of time. Like me, somebody who’s used the app since the day it went public. We’ve also already bought into the system.
Not particularly a good sample for solid statistics, especially when discussing new users, is it?

the Forum, multiple people have been complaining

But have you seen how many kids that don’t know how to use forums have been LOVING sounds??

I think having a mix/floating/changing “featured” aspects would work well. Sounds for a period of time, hashtags, sponsored content, etc.
I’m super down for that and I think it would appeal to a wider mix of users than having any one set format.

2 Likes

Everyone loves sounds including me… the Featured Sounds section is what we’re talking about

1 Like

I never said the featured section was a problem but go off

You told me the kids have been loving the sounds. Just a couple messages up there :point_up_2: That’s why I said: We’re not taking about the sounds, everyone loves them, we’re taking about Featured Sounds section.

1 Like

I meant the feature section. I’m sorry that I missed one little word out and everyone feels the need to send paras like we are really talking about different things.

Kids love to hop on things that are trending. So the featured sound sections is nice for them to have. Get it?

1 Like

I completely understand

I know

Hopefully this Changes Soon.

1 Like

anyway, this thread was sort of a wild ride and I think I made things more confusing by replying to two people at the same time so I’m taking down my other replies… sorry @ everyone

Do you Prefer sounds ?

That’s why a lot of people are saying that the app is trash, hopefully this changes soon.
They are Fake Creators, they don’t know how to make their own content.

1 Like

The app should use all the trending hashtags that the people are actually using.

2 Likes