The Simplicity of V2

One of the things I liked about v*ne (within the short time I was on it) was mainly the fact that it was so simplistic compared to other social media. Nowadays, everyone seems to be attempting to copy each other with things like stories from Snapchat and reblogging from Tumblr. The thing is though, the social networks which attempt to copy these things usually tend to lose popularity pretty soon afterwards.
Although, there are many people out there who prefer all of their facilities to be on the same social network, and so therefore some people may be expecting these things from V2.

I was curious to see what you guys thought. Should V2 stay simplistic or should it overcomplicate things to draw users more into the app?
Would rather it stayed simplistic tbh.

6 Likes

I hated that all the apps copied Snapchat. It was my favorite social media because it was an app where everyone could be themself, be dumb and don’t care about looks.

Now on IG we have history but it’s all about looks and aesthetic.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree about the instagram one. After they copied Snapchat, the platform basically just went downhill. I used to use it all the time and I wouldn’t really care about what I posted, but ever since they added stories I felt like my page had to be more aesthetically pleasing than my stories. It basically just didn’t work.

1 Like

I like apps being simple, they’re lighter on storage, and less things to be distracted by

4 Likes

I will like V2 to stay simplistic enough that it is enjoyably. Like the original app was, that was the essence of the other app. They should keep expanding around that same essence, not copying other like every other social media has done. Like for example keeping the core intact, in other words the 6.5 seconds videos, but also finding ways of expanding the 6.5 seconds to even longer times by increasing followers or something like that. More followers more perks, that will make the creator want to stay in the app for future goals that he could try to acquired, same goes for someone who only watches loops!! Remaining original like the original app was

1 Like

I agree. not too sure about the expanding videos thing though, it may seem like they’re favouring other creators just because they’re popular.
Let’s see what happens though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see it as favoring other creators :blush:, at the end it will make everyone work harder on their videos

1 Like

hmm, yes i see what you mean.

1 Like

Simplistic. Let’s stray away from mainstream. Sometimes simple things open the doors for much bigger creativity.

2 Likes

When resources are limited or more simple people get more creative!!

2 Likes

Definitely stay simplistic; it was what made everyone love the original app so much!

1 Like

I can agree with this but it should have an everlasting feeling to it.

2 Likes

I also think keeping it simple is a good idea :slight_smile:

The simple is better

Welcome to the marketing business

This is the marketing, they copy the best ideas to earn money

The right woords!

1 Like

Really good idea

1 Like

It should remain simple, yes.

But, I would love to see “UNIQUE” ideas get Implemented, so the users can enjoy it.

1 Like

I ask myself if in the near future just natural content will win? I mean no filters, no AR. Will V2 try this?