The Shane Dawson Controversy

Hi guys…so, hehe, thanks for this but I got a lot of likes for saying this on twitter.

Thanks btw lol.

And why did I get a lot of likes, because I simply said that Shane is going to upload the same day he is exporting the video, so there is bound to be some mistakes right? So he’ll have to re-upload his video if there are argo, an late upload.

Also he announced the date even though he didn’t even start editing the video, is that ethical or smart? Surely you would make sure everything is exported and ready until you upload it, because then you would feel like you haven’t done enough, like your rushing it, this is how Lilly Singh felt too. So Idk why he would announce the date until he is certain he has everything ready. What are your though-ts?

NathanJ

5 Likes

I don’t know to be honest, shane dawson is a bit dramatic… he makes really high quality videos, but like you said, why would he announce the date before he is certain everything is ready… :ohno:

4 Likes

MV’s famous.

5 Likes

Lol…well…Ooh, your a moderator now! Cool,

But yeah, its good to have an opportunity to be “famous” sometimes, see this is why I don’t want to have 1 million subscribers, there’s just so many notifications

1 Like

I actually like him. He is a bit exaggerated but I like his personality.

6 Likes

Excited for the series we will see how it goes.

1 Like

love me some shane series

2 Likes

unpopular opinion: shane’s older videos (2015) are better

3 Likes

Its out now!! GO gogogogoooo

1 Like

Oh my , I’m gonna watch tonight !

2 Likes

I had never seen a Shane Dawson video until Sunday, when my cousin told me to watch the Jake Paul series. I’m currently working through that now and I have to say, it’s pretty good.
As for this date debacle I think it will turn out all right. As for your question “is that ethical or smart?” I don’t see why it would be unethical, and I think it is smart because if you tell people your plan, you’re more likely to follow through than if you kept it to yourself. He set a goal for himself. Nothing wrong with that.
And think about it this way if you’re concerned with a late upload. Had he not set a goal for himself, the video would have come out much, much later.

2 Likes

The stress could grow on him from making these. And hopefully it won’t be another Lily Singh situation but stress like this has made many yters quit or go on a break

1 Like

Just let our dad and king of YouTube live his life… Shm.

1 Like

Ok, tl;dr: what happend? :sweat_smile::man_shrugging:

Lol yeah that’s what I was thinking

1 Like

…I don’t think you get the message

1 Like

Queen***

2 Likes