The Partner Program...and how to feel if you don't get in. (I wrote something on dealing with rejection)

Thanks, I appreciate it! The dude’s name was Steve Whalen. I think where I stand on the whole ordeal is that it was a gift to know him and a gift to see the whole community come together and mourn his loss. He had an album on spotify - although he’s kind of an acquired taste if you’re not really expecting what he’s throwing out, and one of those people who you have to see live.

I think this tweet does better than anything else in capturing his essence.

4 Likes

I love your stuff too. I feel bad sometimes because I’ll go through your timeline and just like everything straight down…

3 Likes

I definitely appreciate it!

2 Likes

“Last week I was at a funeral for a close friend,”: This stuck out to me the most. I am sorry for your loss.

I hope that me rebyting your Byte about you solving Lupas for having 100 followers helps you out. I was one of your 100 at that time. Your Quaker jokes like this one are funny. A rebyte in place of a condolence card?

1 Like

Very well said sir, I think this is definitely an important discussion that needs to be addressed as it could discourage a lot of people. But with things like these there is going to inevitably be a lot of rejection that comes with it, and it’s good to know that it isn’t always a bad thing! When one door closes, three others open! This definitely was a very good read, and also quite helpful! :smile:

3 Likes

so so insightful. really touching to read something like this. my boyfriends a stand up comic in NYC and I see him go through this constantly. wishing everybody the best of luck and strength and peace if you don’t receive something you thought you deserved :heart: so much love to this community that I’m blessed to be a part of :blush:

3 Likes

I love this! This is a thought that has crossed my mind multiple times! I’m nervous about not getting in, and If not, I don’t want to have jealous thoughts towards my friends If they get in. This will be a good read regardless of the outcome!!

4 Likes

Being a bit older I’ve had significant success in what I consider real life. I feel for those trying desperately to make this a career however I think it could serve them well to broaden their view. You’ve placed greater importance on things that are meaningful and fulfilling. A key to true success!

I’m making Bytes for myself. I enjoy the positive feedback but I don’t let it define me. Being a part of the program may require me to alter my art. It is a heavy consideration.

4 Likes

This is such a meaningful and likely important post. Thank you for this addition!

3 Likes

This is so beautifully put!! Definitely something I need to keep in mind this week. The wait is killing me! There’s so many talented creators on this app and so many people who deserve to be part of the program. I’m rooting for all of u right now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I made some byte about this program. It is just a laugh and I would not think the program is the major income resource. It is just a bonus to get accepted for the program. Creating contents are the key and main goal for me

1 Like

This is so thought out and is really well put together, thank you for being the voice to people who may have been unable to put what they were thinking into words! everyone here is super glad to have you in this community! :two_hearts:

1 Like

I know for sure I won’t be picked as I’m not eve in the US but if only I could be in! And thank you for such an awesome inspiring post ~💚

3 Likes

This post is amazing. I am so glad I decided to read it even if the Partner Program isn’t even a concern for me (Non-USAmericans gang) because this can be applied to everything. Thank you, it was a great read, and I’m sure I’ll keep coming back to it every now and then.

4 Likes

You not getting selected on essentially a beta version of the partner program doesn’t mean that the entire app that the team has worked YEARS on sucks dude

2 Likes

Please don’t take me seriously lmao it’s a playful joke.

2 Likes

fair

1 Like

I felt that it’s hard to get jokes across the internet especially through text LOL.

4 Likes

Well said! At the end of the day, I love using this app (and vine back in the day) to express myself. It’s reawakens my passion for creativity and it’s a great way to meet other people with the same mindset and passion.

4 Likes

To me this wasn’t just about the Partner Program… It spoke to me about rejection throughout life. This was an inspiring read… Do you have the link to the article on rejection? This hit me

5 Likes