The "other" Tik Tok App

Basciallly like tik tok if it was European based and was founded by big USA celebrites instead. Share your thoughts on this app below
https://www.triller.co/

4 Likes

what about Likee, where’s that from ?

2 Likes

It’s a music/dance app :thinking: not a huge fan of those app… I see the same dance moves on millions of videos and it gets repetitive

1 Like

Wouldn’t use the app because imo Byte and TikTok are already enough. It also doesn’t really give me a unique kinda vibe and it looks kinda cheap and like a rip off imo and like @Pac I’m not a huge fan of music/dance apps either!

2 Likes

Keeping my eye on it amongst many other short form video applications. Don’t be quick to shut it down boys. People tried to do the same with Tiktok now it hosts all types of content. Not just dance. Byte’s up next though :100: :100:

1 Like

ngl I fw triller

1 Like

I think Triller’s cool

1 Like

Triller is amazing it makes music videos in 5 mins lol no editing required

1 Like

Downloaded it to check it out and I feel very lost (in the same way I probably would be if I ever downloaded TikTok). I don’t really understand the appeal of people doing the same dance to the same song clip. Like, I get the appeal of doing it because it’s fun to be a part of something but as a viewer I just do not care. There are probably at least a few people somewhere on the app that are making original content, but I have no idea how to find them as every single category is flooded with dance videos. Comedy is dance videos. Food is dance videos. Even the celebrity videos are basically just dancing and lip syncing to their own songs or randomly panning around a room like you would in an insta story.

To be honest this kind of seems like the Fyre Fest of apps. It’s clear from the sheer amount of celebrities on it that they were incentivized to join, and the biggest appeal of the app is their presence. Scrolling through the apps recommend posts it’s clear that they’re promoting videos from rich people in very fancy houses, regardless of following or talent. So again, the draw of the app is the perceived exclusivity: come hang out on here with celebrities and “cool” rich kids! But once you get on it’s a far cry from the sleek hip and exclusive experience that was promised.

So tldr; yes there are celebrities on it but dang is this app lacking a soul right now.

4 Likes

it’s alright, I guess, but I think it’s about enough. Byte and Tiktok is alright, not Thriller.

1 Like

a quick interent search and it said the app is singapore based

True, but the app is at 23 million users. Once a platform reaches 10 million users it’s time to take notice of it and triller is one of them. If tik tok falls I see triller being most like it.

1 Like

I make rap beats so that’s the number one reason I’m on here. Whenver I followed rappers on IG they would all be making accounts on Triller rather than tik tok, even though most hit songs are being broken a lot farther on tik tok than triller.

1 Like

I have no doubt this is more than just a dance app. Even tik tok has changed from just dancing to now being more of an instagram type app now at this point

1 Like

Tbh I’m only on it because I make rap beats and saw a lot of rappers on IG I follow make accounts on there.

Reminds me of tik tok back in the early musically days except people there seem to be a bit older

I think it’s alright in terms of video editing. I think tik tok has got triller beat on that in my opinion

I see where you’re coming from but currently it has 23 million users and many songs are getting broken to become hits because of it. I do agree it’s nothing but dancing vids, which gets old real quick but if this app gets to 100 million users, then it’s app to be recongized. It already is with its current user base. Not saying I neccaersily say i love this app either

we’ll see in due time.

1 Like