The Next V*** Generation

Although Dom is truly sincere in his hopes to resurrect Vine, the ingenious concept that he created … The reality of what it takes “financially and structurally” to support something like Vine is beyond enormous …
The Next Vine Generation cannot be launched by Patreon donations, GoFundMe gimmicks, mediocre investors or any other small time dreams … A Site similar to Vine created by a person like Dom will instantly attract thousands of Users from day one as confirmed by this Forum .
The cost of the Servers required to hold and play back uploaded data from Users worldwide can only be afforded by giant Corporations like Google, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram … etc .
These giants already have the Servers in place … they’re already Structured with Teams of Law firms, Office space and all other important Logistics needed for something as huge as Vine.
Again, Dom may be a great “idea man” and “Developer”, but the only way he’s going to succeed in bringing back something even close to Vine is by convincing Twitter on how advantageous it would be for them to launch the “Next Generation of Vine” with all new features and him in charge of Development.
And if Twitter doesn’t realize a New Vine Potential … they may own the name, but they don’t own the concept created by Dom .
The Vine Concept was created by Dom and should be packaged accordingly … and sold once again, under a new name if need be, advertising Dom as the front man, to one of the other Structured Corporations that can support a hugely popular video sharing site, with the original Founder of Vine at the helm .

8 Likes

Well said.

3 Likes

cool idea. Twitter’s previous struggles with Vine may be a problem though, although I did hear they are turning up greater profits.

2 Likes

I think Vine was sold to Twitter so Dom cant really do much about it

2 Likes

I think the fear with that is that the same thing will happen as before when profits don’t meet their liking. They’ll just kill the app and drag everyone back to twitter. While I agree the man posed required is gonna be big, it’ll have to be not-twitter I think. Snapchat could be a possible company to think about taking it on as a project and it kind of is related to the way Snapchat works? That’s the biggest company I could see taking V2 under their wing without destroying its integrity (although they’ll probably push for those face filters lol) it’s just a tough situation. I’m sure a proper solution will eventually be found in time, and who knows twitter might be chill about it this time!

3 Likes

It would be great if Dom could convince Twitter to bring back Vine again .
… well … maybe someday .

2 Likes

Yeah … Snapchat or one of these big corporations would be interested … no doubt .
And all the Vine compilations on YouTube with millions of views confirm how successful something like V2 could be for sure.

2 Likes

Twitter is unstable financially and they don’t have the will to innovate, not even with their main social network.

1 Like

Snapchat is even less likely for this. In my opinion.

Yea twitter is really struggling to be competitive. I don’t seem them being around in the next 10 years

I agree. But i dont think Twitter cares

1 Like

Twitter being unstable financially, and struggling to be competitive … all the result of poor decision making, like their decision to shut down “Vine” as a perfect example.
Like I said before, those “Vine Compilations” entitled “Try not to laugh” on youTube are getting millions of views these days specifically because people enjoy the “Rapid Fire” comedy clips which the Vine format provides … Vine clips are FAST, FUNNY, and to the point, in RAPID FIRE SUCCESSION … and just when Vine was evolving into something really big, these morons at Twitter shut it down.
If by some miracle Vine is up again, it will be one hell of a money maker for sure.

I think the whole reason V*ne shut down was because it wasnt doing as well as before and less and less people were using it and Twitter couldnt support it financially so they decided to get rid of it altogether. Sucks, ik.

1 Like

People left because they told the creators that they weren’t going to monetize their content.

3 Likes

Aka : horrible decision

1 Like

Sometimes new concepts such as the “Vine style video clips” take a certain amount of time to get noticed, and catch on … Twitter, strapped for money at the time, and as always (Bad Management) couldn’t financially support Vine for the required amount of time .
And why do you think so many others are trying to mimic Vine … for example Oevo, Live.ly, Coub and Musical.ly … It is because now is the time for Vine .
But the Twitter idiots shut it down … well … we’ll see .

2 Likes

Just over all Bad Management

1 Like

thats true. I don’t even use snapchat anymore. They’re on the struggle bus for sure. instagram can basically do all of snapchat and more anyways

1 Like

The struggle bus … ha ha ha !

Twitter idiots lmao :joy::joy: I like that

1 Like