The negativity is here

I have seen so many original Byte people greet the newcomers with open arms but their brand of negativity has landed. So many posts dedicated to insulting original Byte creators, talk of reclaiming the app as theirs, making comments of “this is the app for old people”. The Byte I enjoyed of fun, silliness, positivity and support is quickly being replaced.
Their is enough crazy negativity going on in this world and that is not including recent times. I saddens me to see such change.

24 Likes

I honestly feel like crying cuz we’re all being stomped on… I hope they actually go

7 Likes

It’s okay it’ll pass. Byte will eventually create subgroups through the algorithm and everyone would be happy

15 Likes

22 Likes

Im deceased :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

In the space of 24 hours Byte’s gone from a nice place with nice people making fun stuff to an app I want nothing to do with. Glad it’s worked out for the Byte team but jesus I am not down for the level of hostility and drama that has appeared within hours. If you just want TikTok2 great, enjoy. If that’s what Byte wants, cool. But if that’s what’s happening, I’m out. Byte won’t care but I’m just sad I keep losing these nice apps with friendly communities.

15 Likes

you know that’s jus how my age is. they aren’t actually being mean it’s mainly sarcasm lol. chill please

1 Like

chill ur not gonna leave ur communities the algorithm will create sub communities do u won’t have to deal with alt tiktok2. litterally no one is actually meaning to be mean liek we say no❤️ and stuff it’s a joke litterally look on tiktok that’s how ppl r .

don’t call gen z little shxxts please.

1 Like

ngl this feels like byters telling alt tiktok to get off their lawn. :joy:

Report and block abuse. Never tolerate that. Otherwise, let it ride.

4 Likes

lol
most are being very disrespectful, there is no excuse for that.

2 Likes

I remember Dom saying at some point that he doesn’t look at TikTok as a competitor. Actions sure do speak louder than words. Don’t forget also in that 24 hour span that they got rid of channel moderation when they needed it most. Now instead of seeing actual funny people in the funny category, I get to see some girl six videos in a row staring at a camera and crapping on the app. But hey, as long as we’re #1 in the app store, right? :rofl:

9 Likes

I kinda feel bad since even the gen z byters are getting stomped on as well,
which is weird but hey at least it should pass within a week or so, right?

4 Likes

I get that and it’s less the weird comments, it’s more the “Here’s our list of demands” and the entitled douchebags who come riding in on a high horse complaining they don’t have as many followers etc. I just want an easy life right now lol the real world’s hard enough

2 Likes

This comment just makes me want to disrespect you It’s our humor sorry if it offends you don’t call children little shits This is why we hate on millennials

1 Like

Why hate a whole generation over a few people you don’t like. That’s not fair either :persevere:

2 Likes

It’s so cringe

:eye::lips::eye:

2 Likes

Yea it used to be so nice; I felt like i could post anything and the worst thing I could get is bad engagement. Now…

4 Likes

Almost scrolled past this :fairy:‍♂:dizzy::sparkles: next time I’ll make sure I do :fairy:‍♂:dizzy::sparkles: