What are the greatest inventions from your country that are used all around the globe? You can also name the greatest inventions from the country of your (grand)parents or a country you were/have born/lived in, if that makes it easier for you!
I’m from the Netherlands and you know all of these inventions:
Bluetooth (No Bluetooth, no Airpods!)
(Invented in Sweden (screw you Sweden, you had nothing to do with it!) by the Dutch engineer Dr. Jaap Haartsen.)
- Wi-Fi (First known as WaveLAN.)
CD’s and DVD’s (We were tired of using VHS and cassettes okay!?)
(The DVD was invented by the Dutch company Philips in collaboration with Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba.)
- The stock market (Invented in the 1600s as a way to fund the VOC.)
- The telescope and microscope (Love these inventions as an astronomer!)
Orange carrots (In honor of the House of Orange-Nassau.)
(The most popular carrot all around the globe.)
- The speed camera (Yes, you’ve to thank the Netherlands for all your speeding tickets!)
- Legalized same-sex marriage (On April 1, 2001, same-sex marriage was officially legalized in the Netherlands!)
Now it’s your turn!