The coveted ‘Verified’ badge/Icon next to my name

6 Likes

I think he’s got some ideas for how he wants to do verification. He mentions it in this thread.

7 Likes

I do not agree with the “everone Gets verified” but I believe that it should take hard work and effort to get verification with either certain requirements OR V2 just doing it and contacting you personally with your email that’s on file.

12 Likes

Ok the cost behind verifying every single person would be outrageously expensive. Plus, trolls are some of the easiest things to unite against on the internet. When you take away a known enemy we are bound to find new ones.

1 Like

I think the verified badge is something you should earn.

6 Likes

Verification is extremely exclusive, trolls won’t stop if you’re verified tbh and I think he address issues about badges.

4 Likes

I beg the differ. Part of my idea was to limit multiple accounts from the same place. This would indeed stop trolls. I saw people imitating even small viners. This wouldn’t happen if the account was verified. What do you mean by exclusive? Just the best of the best?
Who said anything about giving out or making public an IP address?

1 Like

So one signup per ip or sim or email?

4 Likes

If everyone got verified then what is the point of being verified. Verification should be given to hard working artist who earn it not to anyone who just signs up. In my opinion a verification badge shows that the artist worked hard to make good content and earn a following. Giving everybody a verification badge is the equivalent of giving out participation ribbons.

4 Likes

I understand what you mean. it’s kinda like how tinder verifies you’re real.

2 Likes

I mean theres always a verification process for almost any social media to make sure you arent a robot. But a verified tag like how they do on instagram is really so that people who are at high risk of being targeted for imitation or whatnot can be distinguished because of the nature of their popularity it doesn’t seem like a tag will prevent imitation if everyone has it.

Yep. Three at the most ( just in case a family is on v2). Definitely not 25 lol

exactly 12 char

Yeah but trolls will be trolls. Are apps even supposed to give out a user’s ip address?

Verification should be more about talent and the amount of work… people put into the video! Not about the pretty face.

2 Likes

This is true!

Who said anything about giving out an IP address?

Didnt you say IP?

An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication.[1] An IP address serves two principal functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing.
*******This information does not have to be shared with the public. It is a way of verifying the account. ***** do you understand how this will stop multiple accounts? Suppose someone is suspended for being mean and hateful. They can just make another account. But not if v2 is looking at the IP. Maybe @
@dom gets it.

1 Like

I don’t think everyone should get a verified badge. For most, it’s like a badge of honor, and given out to those that have poured their all (for noble or less noble intentions) into the app and have earned the recognition for that. You give everyone a verified badge and it devalues the purpose, otherwise FB, IG and Twitter would have everyone having verified badges. I get where you’re coming from, but ‘being verified’ is an extremely big honor for a reason. Can’t just hand it out like a Super Saipan Bargain Sale