Taking out the garbage

Hey everyone,

We’re about 36 hours in and I hope you’re having more fun than not fun. :slight_smile: I wanted to post an update and make it clear that we’re aware of the issues with comment spam and more widely with certain types of comments. This is our top priority and we’re working very hard to address it. It should be noticeably better than it was 24 hours ago and should continue to improve over the next little while.

In the medium term, we’ll be making more dramatic changes to comments including a) the ability to like comments, and b) the abilities to block/filter/limit commenting.

We are also ramping up on video moderation and you should see improvements there very soon.

Once things stabilize, we’ll be back to focusing on new features, including new discovery and creation features. And we’ll also be sharing some details on the pilot version of our partner program very soon.

We are so thankful for the positive reception so far and I promise we’ll do right by it. Thank you for everything and please keep sharing what you’re thinking about with us. :heart:

Dom and Team Byte

P.S. If you have a moment and you haven’t yet, leave us a review in the App Store or Play Store. The ratings are nice of course, but more importantly those reviews really help us and anyone who’s discovering the app for the first time. :slight_smile:

196 Likes

What a bad ass!

10 Likes

Thank you :grin::grin:

9 Likes

Yes sir! :pray:

7 Likes

Thank you very much!

8 Likes

Dom and the Byte team. You’ve created something incredible. Thank you for the app and your timely communication :slight_smile:

10 Likes

after seeing some nasty comments upon release, i know a lot of people will be thankful for this :pleading_face: let’s get back to the positive vibes

20 Likes

You’re the man

6 Likes

Omg thanks! People commenting trying to reach follower “goals” are working my nerves. It’s so rude.

9 Likes

This is great to hear!

7 Likes

It’s been amazing so far but there are messy things going on right now, so thank you for this :slight_smile:!!

11 Likes

Thanks, for getting the bots mainly gone and the enjoyment back. :sunglasses: :pray:

7 Likes

Question for the near future, how will comments be sorted? Chronologically, by likes, or somewhere in between?

6 Likes

Hi @dom and team byte,

I want to help you guys for Turkish translation. I can translate the App Store and Google Play pages and the app itself. Will be waiting for your answer.

Regards,
@ulas

8 Likes

I’ve noticed that there are people posting Tik Toks on the website. They are literally taking a tik tok Video and putting it into Byte. Is this a problem?

6 Likes

If it’s their own video, not really lol

9 Likes

Thanks dom :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you dom :+1:t5:

4 Likes

Thank you!
This is the type of dev team support we need ahah
Already reviewed it 5*
Trying to reach the trending page xD

5 Likes

Thanks Dom!! Feels good knowing you guys are making Byte better every single day while helping the creators like me!

5 Likes