Tags and Searching Ability

I know YouTube does this and because sometimes finding vines can be difficult, what if there was a feature to put tags on your video before you upload it and then people could search video tags to find a specific vine. Now I know there are hashtags but those are in the description of the vine, I’m talking more like tags that you imbed in the post.

(PS. I also realize this can be very abused to adding tags that have nothing to do with the vine, but it terms of looking for specific vines it seemed like a good idea. Idk just spitballing here.)

3 Likes

This would be a good idea

1 Like

I think putting both would mean people are putting the same thing in both the tags and hashtags.

Example, if I make an animation related to horror, then I might put “Animation, Horror, Scary,” as my hashtags, but those will also fit under tags.

Anyways, seems like a pretty good idea if implemented properly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great idea, I like it

1 Like

Really good idea it really help new user get known around then platform, because you could manage to put similar vines or videos together based on their tags (Increasing the probability of having your break, like youtube used to do)

2 Likes

Hey guys check out this thread I made a while ago discussing a similar topic!!! There are some great ideas on here.

1 Like

Would we be able to edit the tags after goading it. Cuz I’d be so indecisive :sweat_smile:

1 Like