Swipe Feature?

Maybe there could be an exploration tool that could be similar to the dating app “swipe left/swipe right” and the v2 uploads that get swiped right show up on more peoples devices until it makes it to a featured page or something like that?

Just an idea. -S

10 Likes

I love the idea if it showing up on more people’s devices, it adds to being more discoverable :smiley:

3 Likes

I dig this as a way to discover new artists.

I’m unsure if I would want the swipes to dictate what shows up more or on a feature page but I think it would be a cool tool to help shape your personal timeline if they were going to go the route of sticking posts in the middle of your feed.

5 Likes

That would be sweet!!

1 Like

So if you swipe right, it would “like” the post whereas if you swipe left it would just dismiss. I like this idea!

1 Like

I think the original scroll timeline feel is necessary, however I think this could be an interesting way to spice it up for the user, while as well as getting a rating from the community

5 Likes

Oh yeah maybe like in a discovery tab or something to find new people… great idea!! :ok_hand: @dom

3 Likes

This is a brilliant idea! Great way to discover new people and also customize what you want to see!
@dom

2 Likes

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. What I meant about the personal timeline is that your like swipes would clue the algorithm into the kinds of videos you’d enjoy while the dismiss swipes would tell it what you don’t like. It would help fine-tune your discover page and any posts the app would interject into your personal timeline (I’m thinking like the Instagram sponsored posts or “you might like” images) so that it was more tailored to you.

That was my suggestion instead of those swipes contributing to the trending pages.

4 Likes

I agree. I feel like there should be an easier way for smaller artists to be discovered.

6 Likes

Like a new part of the app called “Discover”, and then, if a lot of people like a video, it will appear on the “Featured” page, and a message will appear next to that video saying “a lot of people liked this video”.

Hmm… I just remembered that there’s/there was an app called PLAG in witch a post is spread like a virus, and you could see its journey around the world! It was awesome, maybe they can do something like this but with v2.

1 Like

This is honestly the first thing that I totally agree should be a feature.

4 Likes

This is a very interesting approach to this idea… and i love it!

3 Likes

I was thinking that this was going to get negative feedback, but I am glad everyone is so into it. Interested in seeing whether or not more people think so!

3 Likes

Great topic

1 Like

Yeah good idea ! Swipe right if you want to like and it will automaticly save, swipe left and you just pass the video

1 Like