Support Group for Ppl Who only get Likes from bots

This thread is a support group for ppl who get Likes from bots and users who run scripts to auto-like new content or simply spam likes/comments.

Personally, I get a quick 10 likes per upload despite only getting approx. 3.4 loops on them.

Im here for you. We may now commiserate. Begin.

11 Likes

Yeah I get 9 instant likes whenever I post too. Its just bots. Usually the same people.

5 Likes

This is a safe place. I’m sorry this happened to you.

5 Likes

Thanks man, its a tough world out there trying to get likes but those 9 likes jump out at me. The thing that scares me the most is the same 3 bot accounts that unfollow and refollow me every other day.

3 Likes

Edited your title so that it’s not directed at anyone in particular. This is still a bit of an issue but I hope it’ll get sorted out soon lol

5 Likes

Oh and to clarify, my likes DONT come from who he put in his title LOL

3 Likes

I’ve seen a couple of those users on this forum too. But there is always hope for a better tomorrow!

1 Like

Okay, that seems reasonable.

3 Likes

I like my own stuff to feel a little about myself

1 Like

Same, it helps me cope

2 Likes

I get like may be 5-7 likes and then radio silence. I just wonder how people are suppose to see our content. Like where would you see new videos that are being posted and how is anyone getting so many likes. I am so confused

2 Likes

Ive given a little thought to this and I have an opinion. My hypothesis is that the current version of the application actually rewards spammers ( demonstrated by the fact that they tend to get a larger following). This is good for the app because the likes, although fake, keep users engaged for a time. This may not be intended, but it is the case now. Granted, a handful of creators have brought an audience from other platforms.

However the real issue I see is that the larger channels dictate what content gets promoted with their rebytes and collabs. In a sense this is ‘user-driven’ but it’s still a winner-take-all effect because a small group has all the influence. (Honestly, I don’t see the rebyte mechanic as a positive thing at all. Maybe I’ll be swayed later.)

I’m confident this system will change because it isn’t sustainable. It would be nice to get a little more love as an early adopter, but oh well, it’s not my platform. Should have joined the beta (if I knew it existed and was invited). Im legitimately creative and I’ll do well eventually, even if it’s not here.

The app will eventually stabilize because it needs to entice its users to keep contributing content. The content is, after all, the product. And the claim of the app is to reward creativity, so there will either have to get closer to that goal, pivot hard in another direction, or lose their user base. It is in no way an easy problem to solve, but Vine did okay (I guess I never personally used it). Byte can too

5 Likes

Just from the outside looking in, I think what Dom and the team tried setting out to do is curtailing the power big viners had and distributing it everywhere else. Big viners automatically made it on the featured pages just due to the sheer volume of their follower count. They may not even try to be funny, just a random post of theirs going to the grocery store that you’d see in someone’s IG stories, and it’d spread like fire.

I applaud the team for recognizing this issue and taking steps towards ailing it. Though what’s happening now is the problem is instead shifting down to the “medium” and “lower medium” byters, those of us I’d say that has between 100 to 1000 followers (without actual numbers to go off it’s difficult to apply proper brackets, so this is just a guesstimate). Seems like we all have to fight each other for the scraps, but we’re being the gatekeepers to everyone below us trying to climb the ladder. I like how “rebytes” is no longer a counter in numerical value alongside loops and likes, though the feature is still presenting issues.

I think the only way to properly address this (and they may already be doing this and I’m unaware of this), is to have actual human beings hand pick and select what content gets featured. I have a feeling the “spotlight” section does this, but I mean for everything. This is what Medium does, a social media blogging based platform. They have 4 “curators”, people whose job it is to shift through all the content, and pick out all the best articles they feel would best represent the platform. With that said it’s also a subscription based platform where people pay $5 a month to be a member, so they probably have the budget to hire people whose only job is to read articles on a daily basis.

5 Likes

Soo this is what that means :rofl: I knew something was off when I would immediately get a couple likes, super fast! Makes sense lol

1 Like

where are they paying this 5/month ? and how do we get this?

1 Like

The ‘Medium’ brand blogging platform requires bliggers to pay a monthly fee. They do not get paid, they pay.

1 Like

Interact with people that’s how you get people to see your stuff!!

8 Likes

only pain. Just kidding, but it is making me want to disable notifs

1 Like

What a cruel irony.

4 Likes

I got to where I am by interacting with people :woman_shrugging:t4: Don’t know what to tell you.

5 Likes