Suggested v***s/artist and dislike button

To help with aspiring artist and a better feed for users maybe a suggested vines/artists tab or “since you liked this vine” and also a dislike button not for criticism or for the public to see how many dislikes it has but for what should pop up on the feed.

2 Likes

I like the dislike button it I feel it’s kinda shady.

1 Like

That sounds like a great idea! If the dislike is integrated similarly to the way it is on spotify where it doesn’t actually hurt the song itself or the person who posted it but it prevents it from being played/shown again, then it would be a good way to help choose what content you want to see without hurting anyone else.

2 Likes

Thats a perfect example. If its similar to what spotify does it should work well.

hey there! to decrease the amount of duplicate posts, please check out these topics about similar things and feel free post your opinions/ideas there! :grin:

2 Likes

Dom tweeted about a dislike or a “nope” button here, so that’s pretty much a confirmed feature as far as we know at this point
https://twitter.com/dhof/status/939627567199420416

4 Likes

Idk how i missed that. I have notifications turned on for his twitter lol. Thanks for the link!

2 Likes

No problem, it was a while back so you just might have missed it haha

1 Like

Personally, I’m not too fond of a dislike button at least at the beginning of v2. I feel like we should focus on positivity and getting to know the community a bit before and dislike option is available. I know some people could take it very personally, especially if the community is youthful. And we all want v2 to be an app people enjoy using and want to continue to use.

I’ve closed this thread down to minimize multiple topics. Please see @kaden post above for links to the on-going conversations around dislike/nope button. Be sure to search and browse topics before creating new conversations. It’s always best to add to a on going conversation if you can.

3 Likes