Suggest an awful feature to ruin Byte thread

Before every loop or every video, you have to watch a 40-second Bloomberg ad, even after the election.

25 Likes

I can’t – my attention span is shorter than that.

6 Likes

live :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Videos only play once and you have to manually drag a slider back to the beginning of the video to watch it again.

11 Likes

Ooh, I got a good one.
Instead of liking someone’s post it’s replaced with a :no_entry_sign: symbol, effectively BLOCKING that person so you’d never see a post of theirs again.

pleasedontimplementthiscauseitssogodawful. k tha~nks :wave:t5:

5 Likes

Ok this in a way could actually be an incredibly interesting idea, not for byte but for some other thing

3 Likes

An edit butto— wait, sorry, wrong app.

I’d say stories since it would cause unoriginality from other apps

6 Likes

You can only watch a Byte 10 times. After that it is removed from your feed forever (meaning, not viewable with your account). You can still like and Rebyte before it disappears though, so other people can enjoy it (briefly)

Limited availability would make every Byte that much more special, and would make it easier to discover new Bytes that would otherwise get buried

8 Likes

A feature to post your bytes to tiktok :joy:

3 Likes

There’s a video ad after every Byte. And then after the video ad, you get a popup ad about Raid:Shadow Legends, with an ‘X’ in the top right corner. When you press ‘X’ though, it opens up a Browser tab instead of closing, and automatically signs you up for Nord VPN and Dollar Shave Club. And then finally, your personal email you signed up with to use Byte is flooded with automated Thank-You letters from Dom saying ‘thanks for ur money and ur data lmao im selling all of this to China b/c I was TikTok all along lmao’

6 Likes

clearly what byte needs is a dislike button. This may not seem bad, but it will discourage new byters and cut down on the main base. I think it would kill byte.

Alternatively, a self rebyte.

3 Likes

Every time you like a byte it gets rebyted

I just shivered at the thought omg

6 Likes

oh i like this thread

every loop the sound gets 2x louder

15 Likes

you receive one byte by day via DVD (along with some nice grocery coupons!) and have to mail it back within 3 days or you get a late charge

10 Likes

During the byte have an add pop up you can choose to exit out of after 6 seconds

4 Likes

every caption gets uwu-ified
uwu

4 Likes

A button to make all of your bytes turn monochromatic.

5 Likes

If you liked to many videos in a short amount of time the Byte app turns your phone into a bomb and the only way to deactivate it is by solving a math problem by using the quadratic formula. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Sell to twitter

5 Likes

Not all of these are bad ideas :eyes: imagine having a following of 100,000 and you post a video that can only be watched 100 times… hm

4 Likes